• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Next Steps In Elio Crowdfunding

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
24 years in the Air Force. It went quicker that I would have thought and I know everyone always says that but it is true. I decided to retire in May and am still not quite ready to be "on my own"... I mean that my family and I will be away from the security that serving in the military has given us for the first time... Kind of scary but I AM looking forward to it. (that comes and goes... a little rollercoaster ride, if you will)
You might want to talk to Gino....just a thought.

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I believe you are right there.

I actually have a job already lined up. I'm not ready to really retire. I'm actually "Transitioning to the civilian workforce". But, that job won't start till December most likely. It's a contracting job on base but the contract hasn't been awarded yet.

Other than that, I do intend to keep busy for a few more years... probably 15-20 more but the difference is I can quit if it gets to where I don't look forward to working.

Was going to suggest at least part time work. I retired, wow didn't know it had been that long ago, 13 years ago. Lucked out and fell into a job that I did as an additional duty while active. Busier than hell and earning every bit of the more sizeable paycheck. Still toying with the idea of actual retirement but I like this work so much I'm not sure. Would love to reduce it to part time but they won't take the bait YET.

CBXBob

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
24 years in the Air Force. It went quicker that I would have thought and I know everyone always says that but it is true. I decided to retire in May and am still not quite ready to be "on my own"... I mean that my family and I will be away from the security that serving in the military has given us for the first time... Kind of scary but I AM looking forward to it. (that comes and goes... a little rollercoaster ride, if you will)
Doesn't just 6 more years get you 75% retirement pay?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you are 45 and you have spent 24 years in the AF, when did you work at Shreveport? Just curious how that works.
I was working flight line at Barksdale AFB from 1995 - 2001 with a year off to lovely South Korea in there. But, I graduated from Southern Illinois University in August of 1997 and went to work for Southern Industrial Engineering part time since I was night shift at Barksdale. I worked at Johnson Controls which led to a job at General Motors. It was 25 hours a week and the Senior Engineer, Stoy Holland kept me in the loop on what went on while I wasn't there. I did a good enough job that HR offered me a permanent job. When I told him I was still active duty, he put both hands up and said "Come see us when you are no longer on active duty." They can't entice, apparently. Anyway, that's when I did my engineering time at GM. It would have been 1998. It HAS been a while and it was one of those jobs that I just really enjoyed.

Top Bottom