• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Engine Unveiling And Testing

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted this note in the right thread.

The St Frances lecture that Paul Elio gave stated that the last 30mil round of authorized funding, gives the go ahead for the building of 31 engines taken thru testing and 25 crash mules through their testing. What we don't know is how many of the 25 will actually be mashed up in the mules. Also we don't know the exact time involved, but months has been stated.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Engine , we had the delay in the showing it. then we got the first look and not much sense. Why are they not talking much about it. The ELIO body we have seen over and over we are sold on it. Time for some hard information on the engine and transmission.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Engine , we had the delay in the showing it. then we got the first look and not much sense. Why are they not talking much about it. The ELIO body we have seen over and over we are sold on it. Time for some hard information on the engine and transmission.

Could have something to do
with Design Patents.....at least
for the engine anyways......

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could have something to do with Design Patents.....at least for the engine anyways......
There will be some definite contractual agreements about non-disclosure and issues about presentations, even balance of payments and interference with testing and other inter-partner operations.
It just seems like EM stubbed their toe on that, not having got all players on board, or a contingency jumped up into the way.
An engine developer will absolutely not like exposure until the product is fully vetted. And this one in particular is more used to keeping out of sight until the vehicle is on the road. Yes, bit of a PR misstep. It 'is what it is', what ever that is.

Nate_tx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Fired up that the mules will soon be produced soon - but - I am thinking 2017 now - I think there are just too many things to sort out one of which is still the totality of funding for production and the testing of mules and analyzing that data and such yeah another year I think.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fired up that the mules will soon be produced soon - but - I am thinking 2017 now - I think there are just too many things to sort out one of which is still the totality of funding for production and the testing of mules and analyzing that data and such yeah another year I think.

I can't "like" your post, though it's possible you're right. Lord I hope not! LOL.

GO ELIO!!!!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Just a minor correction......... P5 and up will not be mules.
P1 thru 4 were mules because they use transplanted engine and drive train and are dead ends.
P5 going forward will be prototypes
protype: a first, typical or preliminary model of something, especially a machine, from which other forms are developed or copied.​
Just to set things straight.

interloper07

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I agree with your assessment 100%. Production is typically 2 years out after the first prototype vehicle rolls off the line. And that's at just about any major automobile company with proper resources (financial and human resources) at their disposal, not a scrappy startup with questionable preproduction funding. While I am still optimistic that the Elio will eventually be built, I think Elio's stated timeline is still too optimistic, even with implied favorable results in powertrain testing.

For the record, I have to be hopeful - I've got $1000 sunk into this and car 5754 with my name on it. I went in believing it would eventually be built, but did have questions on the timing, and I still do.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another one just popped into my head. I was wracking my brain for the little car that the front opened on.

I TOOK MY MY MESSERSCHMITT AND ISETTA TO THE WAKE FOREST CARS & COFFEE JUST THIS MORNING .
DSC_0226.JPG

DSC_0229.JPG

Top Bottom