• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Myelio.me Is Up & Running

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you want it always on, make sure you include a provision for turning it off. You'll get tired of driving at night with that glare in your eyes.

I just got a simple in-line 12v toggle switch. It even has a red LED that illuminates when the switch is on (not like I'd need it, since I'd clearly see the screen ON anyways, but still neat). I'll tell y'all how it works when I actually finish wiring in my backup camera :confused:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got a simple in-line 12v toggle switch. It even has a red LED that illuminates when the switch is on (not like I'd need it, since I'd clearly see the screen ON anyways, but still neat). I'll tell y'all how it works when I actually finish wiring in my backup camera :confused:
I have the perfect fix for skipping the wiring; I use this on mine, and the picture is great. The only time I see it "flicker" is backing out of the garage; I think it's caused by the alarm system in the shop and the "door bell" across the opening.

Back up Camera Wireless

Dragonz

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Speaking of lights, I'm interested in putting lights under the carriage and wheel house. Have them light up only at night when the headlights are on. I would want the LED, and figure out a way to connect them to the speedometer. Every 10 miles or so (up to 90 or 100) that I'm going, the colors would change. I think that would make the Elio stand out.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of lights, I'm interested in putting lights under the carriage and wheel house. Have them light up only at night when the headlights are on. I would want the LED, and figure out a way to connect them to the speedometer. Every 10 miles or so (up to 90 or 100) that I'm going, the colors would change. I think that would make the Elio stand out.

Assuming, of course, that it is legal in your jurisdiction. I know undercarriage lights are illegal in Washington State at any rate (off-road is OK, just not on the highway). But even in Washington I think you could get away with red in the rear wheel housing, and an amber glow in the front wheel housings. Just read through your local traffic laws first, is all I'm saying :)

Hob

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it was announced a year and a half ago, they were quite clear that the iPad was included. Part of the justification for the price. Maybe that's changed.
I'm thinking it changed.

It would be good to know a lot more about how Skyzmatic works from a systems perspective. Since it looks as though Infinite Skyz website hasn't been updated since 2014, and there really isn't all that much info available anyway, we're sort of left to do an inordinate amount of guessing.

From what I can glean, there is what is referred to as a "SkyzBox". It looks to be the central brain/black box that integrates a vehicle (your Elio) and whatever other optional devices, sensors, cameras, etc. It (the SkyzBox) is then capable of communicating with user interface devices via number of different communications interfaces, blue tooth, WiFi, USB, serial, etc. Whether or not the SkyzBox has cellular communication capabilities isn't very evident. Personally, I'm hoping it doesn't. I don't want to be paying monthly cell service on anything other then the phone I already own.

Those user interface devices could be an iPad/tablet, smart phone, smart watch, etc. And, there will apparently be apps for said user devices for interfacing with the SkyzBox. The app will also be capable of configuring the SkyzBox, and any attached devices or option.. somehow.

Anyone out there ever contacted Infinite Skyz? The web site has a info@skyz.net email address. Maybe we should put together a list of FAQs, and launch an inquisition.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have the perfect fix for skipping the wiring; I use this on mine, and the picture is great. The only time I see it "flicker" is backing out of the garage; I think it's caused by the alarm system in the shop and the "door bell" across the opening.

Back up Camera Wireless

Nice! Those are a great cheap solution for not having to pull carpet and body panels to run the wiring from the rear of the vehicle to the front.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking it changed.

It would be good to know a lot more about how Skyzmatic works from a systems perspective...

Anyone out there ever contacted Infinite Skyz? The web site has a info@skyz.net email address. Maybe we should put together a list of FAQs, and launch an inquisition.

On Facebook they have said they are considering a webinar if there is enough interest. Later to be posted on Youtube.

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Tried, no response. And Elio is clueless, they pointed me the Infinite Skyz website, which currently states their app is for Apple products (I was asking about the lack of Android support).

Now if they were providing an iPad for that $2K price, I can kind of see the justification, provided they're giving you the iPad Pro ($800), an iPhone and Apple watch included with the price. Otherwise I'll pick something like this up on my own:

Automatic: The Car App for Every Driver

Top Bottom