• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Myelio.me Is Up & Running

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they do fall off; either put some new tape on it, or go and buy a new pair, mine were $2.49 for two through O' Riley's
Just make sure the area is clean and warm when you put them on.
In my experience the stick on mirrors last as long as the wide angle mirrors that come from the factory. And they are a hell of a lot cheaper

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am liking this one for $30, it comes with a 4.3" monitor (a lot come with a 7", but that seems a little big for the Elio): http://www.amazon.com/Esky-EC170-20-4-3-Inch-TFT-LCD-Waterproof/dp/B00P8N7N0Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1462071478&sr=8-6&keywords=esky+backup+camera

I am tempted to just have one always on (instead of just for backup) as a rearview mirror replacement. The side mirrors will probably be fine for rear view (they are fine on my motorcycle), but it is an option.

If you want it always on, make sure you include a provision for turning it off. You'll get tired of driving at night with that glare in your eyes.

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just had an idea... You could put an actual rearview mirror on the windshield.... a lot of backup cameras these days integrate the display into the rearview mirror. If you ignore the mirror part and just make it a full time screen displaying the backup camera, it would be natural and handy... could even have a night-vision mode.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Do make sure the area is clean before you put them on; and make sure it's where you want it; as Crimson found out, it's not easy to take them off.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I just had an idea... You could put an actual rearview mirror on the windshield.... a lot of backup cameras these days integrate the display into the rearview mirror. If you ignore the mirror part and just make it a full time screen displaying the backup camera, it would be natural and handy... could even have a night-vision mode.
What happens if it's bright and sunny and you want to flip the visor down?

We have had this discussion before; here's a good answer

s-l225.jpg

Top Bottom