• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Review And Thoughts After Seeing The P4

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lock, I'm checking the NFL standings... hey the Steelers are looking good, if they can take care of bidness and beat a visiting Bucs team, they'll be 3-1 and staying close to Cincy.

My teams are Chiefs and Packers. Chiefs really need to beat NE on MNF, if they can pressure Brady they have a shot. The Packers really need a win too against DUH Bears.

We better, the Bucs are winless so far........yeah Cincy is going to be tough this year.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
talk about pitiful .... did you see last night's game between the Giants and Redskins .... the 'skins were totally inept

Jim

Yep. It's tough when you turn the ball over. But Eli Manning, lol, he completed at one point like 11 passes in a row. The guy can get on a roll. If I remember right it was 24-14 and Washington had the ball, but they either couldn't move it or turned it over (again). It's a looong season, but it looks to me like neither NFC wild card team is coming out of the NFC East. Philly wins the division, and that's it. We shall see!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
good to know .... do you recall if you could see them out the front windshield

Jim
It's been a year, but I think only if you moved your head around, closer to the window, then you might see the front of them, one at a time. But out the side, it's easy to tip the head and see the whole thing.

One of the reasons for the new P4 nose was so you could see the hood up closer to the front, and for me that was easy too.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does Green Bay still bother with football? Go Seahawks!
Ouch, man! Times are a little tough right now over in titletown, hope they turn it around soon.

JEBar, as long as they're visible while looking forward, (sounds like they are) it doesn't matter if they're visible in the windshield or the side windows.

Truth is, you'll adapt quickly. Countless millions of "mommy van" drivers have never seen their hood from the driver's seat.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ouch, man! Times are a little tough right now over in titletown, hope they turn it around soon.

JEBar, as long as they're visible while looking forward, (sounds like they are) it doesn't matter if they're visible in the windshield or the side windows.

Truth is, you'll adapt quickly. Countless millions of "mommy van" drivers have never seen their hood from the driver's seat.

The Packers could lose 10 in a row and the fans would still show up. That is just how it is.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the above observation .... is it safe to believe that you cannot see the front fenders out of the windshield ? .... if not, does it take much shifting in your position in the vehicle to see the front fenders out of the side windows ?.... how would you assess the potential for problems (if any) caused by the blind spots created by the windshield's frame

Jim

I wish I woul have taken a panoramic view picture sitting in the front seat. Obviously the camera does not have peripheral vision as we do, so my picture really doesn't do any justice. Going by memory I would have to say that in the position I was in sitting comfortably I was able to see the fenders out of the corners of my eye "peripheral vision". I would have to guess that if a person was really close to the steering wheel the A pillar could indeed block the view of the fenders.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
This is somewhat difficult to explain to people who have not seen the Elio in person however in my opinion the driver sight lines in the Elio are actually better in every direction than in most vehicles because you are seated in the very center of the vehicle and the cabin is only about three feet wide. Your natural field of view when looking forward will actually include not only the windshield but also a view out of the side windows as well. Even the side mirrors are naturally in your field and as they are only about three feet apart you have a great view of what is happening behind you.

The A-pillars look odd to many people however they are no bigger than in any other vehicle. They stand out in photos simply because we are not used to seeing them so close together however when you sit in the vehicle you quickly realize it is not an issue. In reality the A-pillars are actually in a better position than most vehicles because they will not block the view of vehicles stopped perpendicular to you at an intersection as in the Elio these will always remain visible to you out of the side windows.

Someone in the drivers view thread posted this wide angle photo which does a reasonably good job of demonstrating the field of view from the drivers seat however our eyes naturally give priority in focus more towards the center of our view. This photo also shows a view of the fenders and the fact that the side mirrors will also always naturally be in your field of view.
1622367_10202456303027785_2008518473_o-jpg.998.jpg

Read through our drivers view thread for a discussion of the view:

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/drivers-view.976/

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wish I woul have taken a panoramic view picture sitting in the front seat. Obviously the camera does not have peripheral vision as we do, so my picture really doesn't do any justice. Going by memory I would have to say that in the position I was in sitting comfortably I was able to see the fenders out of the corners of my eye "peripheral vision". I would have to guess that if a person was really close to the steering wheel the A pillar could indeed block the view of the fenders.

thank you for your response .... I am looking forward to the opportunity to see one in person and relating your experiences has been invaluable

Jim

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Top Bottom