• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Review And Thoughts After Seeing The P4

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the above observation .... is it safe to believe that you cannot see the front fenders out of the windshield ? .... if not, does it take much shifting in your position in the vehicle to see the front fenders out of the side windows ?.... how would you assess the potential for problems (if any) caused by the blind spots created by the windshield's frame

Jim
I haven't sat in one, so take this with a grain of salt, but it should be no worse than any car's A pillar, just that the right side one will be much closer.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't sat in one, so take this with a grain of salt, but it should be no worse than any car's A pillar, just that the right side one will be much closer.

the difference is out of the from windshield of every vehicle I've ever driven you can see the edge of the fenders .... when maneuvering in a tight area being able to see everything out of one window can come in handy

Jim

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I've been thinking about the above observation .... is it safe to believe that you cannot see the front fenders out of the windshield ? .... if not, does it take much shifting in your position in the vehicle to see the front fenders out of the side windows ?.... how would you assess the potential for problems (if any) caused by the blind spots created by the windshield's frame

Jim

Jim, I've seen first-hand reports and a picture, showing that the fenders are seen by the driver. It's certainly possible that a shorter person might have trouble seeing the fenders, but then a shorter person has trouble seeing fenders in existing vehicles today too. So I believe most drivers will be able to see the Elio fenders just fine.

I know in my Cadillac, I've been caught, when at a stop sign I'm looking to the right, there is a car coming from the right and it was perfectly blocked by the right pillar (between the windshield and right window) when I looked to the right. Out I pulled, and whoa! where'd that car come from. There's existing things like this that we all deal with daily now. :-)

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Low blow :) Go Steelers!

Lock, I'm checking the NFL standings... hey the Steelers are looking good, if they can take care of bidness and beat a visiting Bucs team, they'll be 3-1 and staying close to Cincy.

My teams are Chiefs and Packers. Chiefs really need to beat NE on MNF, if they can pressure Brady they have a shot. The Packers really need a win too against DUH Bears.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jim, I've seen first-hand reports and a picture, showing that the fenders are seen by the driver. It's certainly possible that a shorter person might have trouble seeing the fenders, but then a shorter person has trouble seeing fenders in existing vehicles today too. So I believe most drivers will be able to see the Elio fenders just fine.:)

that's good to hear .... if they get to Raleigh as scheduled in December I want to take a second and check .... either way, its not a bad thing but could certainly take some getting used to

Jim

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jim, I've seen first-hand reports and a picture, showing that the fenders are seen by the driver. It's certainly possible that a shorter person might have trouble seeing the fenders, but then a shorter person has trouble seeing fenders in existing vehicles today too. So I believe most drivers will be able to see the Elio fenders just fine.

I know in my Cadillac, I've been caught, when at a stop sign I'm looking to the right, there is a car coming from the right and it was perfectly blocked by the right pillar (between the windshield and right window) when I looked to the right. Out I pulled, and whoa! where'd that car come from. There's existing things like this that we all deal with daily now. :)
When I sat in the P4, I saw the fenders out the side windows which you view right down to the ground. The nose of P4 doesn't stick out much beyond that, so it's easy to judge distances easier, IMHO.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When I sat in the P4, I saw the fenders out the side windows which you view right down to the ground. The nose of P4 doesn't stick out much beyond that, so it's easy to judge distances easier, IMHO.

good to know .... do you recall if you could see them out the front windshield

Jim

Top Bottom