• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Review And Thoughts After Seeing The P4

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lock, I'm checking the NFL standings... hey the Steelers are looking good, if they can take care of bidness and beat a visiting Bucs team, they'll be 3-1 and staying close to Cincy.

My teams are Chiefs and Packers. Chiefs really need to beat NE on MNF, if they can pressure Brady they have a shot. The Packers really need a win too against DUH Bears.
IF they can beat the Bucs? The Bugs are still reeling from that drubbing my Falcons gave the last Thursday!

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
This is somewhat difficult to explain to people who have not seen the Elio in person however in my opinion the driver sight lines in the Elio are actually better in every direction than in most vehicles because you are seated in the very center of the vehicle and the cabin is only about three feet wide. Your natural field of view when looking forward will actually include not only the windshield but also a view out of the side windows as well. Even the side mirrors are naturally in your field and as they are only about three feet apart you have a great view of what is happening behind you.

The A-pillars look odd to many people however they are no bigger than in any other vehicle. They stand out in photos simply because we are not used to seeing them so close together however when you sit in the vehicle you quickly realize it is not an issue. In reality the A-pillars are actually in a better position than most vehicles because they will not block the view of vehicles stopped perpendicular to you at an intersection as in the Elio these will always remain visible to you out of the side windows.

Someone in the drivers view thread posted this wide angle photo which does a reasonably good job of demonstrating the field of view from the drivers seat however our eyes naturally give priority in focus more towards the center of our view. This photo also shows a view of the fenders and the fact that the side mirrors will also always naturally be in your field of view.
1622367_10202456303027785_2008518473_o-jpg.998.jpg

Read through our drivers view thread for a discussion of the view:

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/drivers-view.976/
I did a little testing parked at stop sign (with flashers so people would go around me) and I watched what the pillars blocked. In my current car the right pillar not infrequently completely blocked my view of cars, but when I moved my head to roughly the same distance as it would be in the Elio I didn't have the blocked car problem even once. Yes, the field of view hidden was larger because it was closer, but because of positioning it didn't hide anything important.

Top Bottom