• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

YeeticusMaximus

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. I've been watching for a year now. I for one am excited to see this enter production in the good ol' US of A! I will briefly add that there is some dumb requirements for vehicles today. For example: since 2018 new vehicles are required to have backup cameras. I am not sure if this applies to "enclosed autocycles" or no. However, if required a couple of ideas are having the backup in the rearview itself, like the aftermarket one I installed on my car, or built in to the sun visor. Like this one here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805678729039.html I hope your endeavor here is successful. If it is and I can come up with the money for it, I will buy one once released. I wish all a good morning/afternoon/evening/day/night.

PS: I am 24 and I am one of the few who daily drives a manual (even rarer an AWD manual, I am very blessed); I hope a manual version will be available for purchase.

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. I've been watching for a year now. I for one am excited to see this enter production in the good ol' US of A! I will briefly add that there is some dumb requirements for vehicles today. For example: since 2018 new vehicles are required to have backup cameras. I am not sure if this applies to "enclosed autocycles" or no. However, if required a couple of ideas are having the backup in the rearview itself, like the aftermarket one I installed on my car, or built in to the sun visor. Like this one here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805678729039.html I hope your endeavor here is successful. If it is and I can come up with the money for it, I will buy one once released. I wish all a good morning/afternoon/evening/day/night.

PS: I am 24 and I am one of the few who daily drives a manual (even rarer an AWD manual, I am very blessed); I hope a manual version will be available for purchase.
Welcome! You're not the only one here who drives a manual. I have a 1998 Mazda B2500SE pickup, 5 speed, with only 89,000 miles on it. It looks and drives like a new one and I love it. My wife keeps saying I should buy a new one, but why? It's a great truck. Americans are too concerned with having new cars. It may be good for the overall economy, but is bad for the personal pocket book. Keeping a vehicle for a long time is a smart financial decision. That's one reason I was able to retire almost 25 years ago! Now, instead of going to work every day, I can stay home, scroll on the internet, smoke my pipe and play with our cats!

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the moment I can not move forward because I have to wait for something that I can't explain in public, and this might go on for a month or 2 more, but it is happening, do not be concerned. I am most sorry about the delay, but it has big benefits.

In the meantime I am going to whip up a sports car, which was inline for for the next slot after the BEX.

I was hesitant to mention it because you might think I have 'given up and started another project', but that is not the case, and then I thought you can see I am active and might entertain you in the meantime :-)

I already had all the components sitting around the factory to suit from previous builds, and I started getting a new chassis together the last couple of days, and here's the first step video today, the chassis floor pan ...

Pictures are aprox what it will look like and the fiberglass bodywork I will be utilising from an older build.

Phantom 01.jpg

Chassis layout 02.jpg

Chassis layout 01.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
fascinating .... while I have no interest in a two seat sports car, I have no doubt that you will find a market for it

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2015 Polaris Slingshot for sale in Portland, OR

2015 Polaris Slingshot

SL LE​

• $15,900 $276/mo*
    miles
  • Drivetrain:
    RWD
  • Days Listed
  • Price
    $2,255 below avg.
  • Mileage
    24,233 miles below avg.
While it was nice following the BEX project, gotta stick with what's real if I really want to own a 3wheeler and at a price that's affordable and backed by established name Polaris. It's used and there's more out there here in the US of A. Not a $26k + Vanderhall nor a Caterham @ 44k + and only in kit form (more money) if imported from England. Nope, nope, nope. :nono: For old geezers who wants a 3wheeler NOW for drive around the neighborhood, at the beach or at the freeways and highways showing off their GRAY HAIRS..... not the car. :eyebrows:

Top Bottom