• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorheads

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Electric is the way to go..............faster off the line, faster 1/4 mile, top speed faster........faster period. Better MPG. Call it the EV-Rod. My EV-Elio concept could potentially beat a Doge Viper off the line. Look out muscle car enthusiasts. Affordable...........probably not.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Electric is the way to go..............faster off the line, faster 1/4 mile, top speed faster........faster period. Better MPG. Call it the EV-Rod. My EV-Elio concept could potentially beat a Doge Viper off the line. Look out muscle car enthusiasts. Affordable...........probably not.

Affordability of the battery packs is the biggest issue facing EV's. After production I do expect to see a number of Elio EV conversions as the base vehicle is inexpensive and very light making it a great base for an EV. I hope Elio Motors is very successful because over the next couple of years I do expect EV batteries to drop in price enough to make a production Elio EV a real possibility.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Affordability of the battery packs is the biggest issue facing EV's. After production I do expect to see a number of Elio EV conversions as the base vehicle is inexpensive and very light making it a great base for an EV. I hope Elio Motors is very successful because over the next couple of years I do expect EV batteries to drop in price enough to make a production Elio EV a real possibility.

Tesla's battery factory will be a big factor.................. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I totally agree that the new battery technology currently underway will make for a more affordable battery pack with extended range capability......300 + miles per charge.

I know it's priority to get the First Run Production Elio to market........but it's fun to think about future Elio models. I am hoping for the ultimate in fly the road fun...............The Elio Tilting Electric 2.0 version in 3 or 4 years.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The biggest issue with an electric Elio is the only place for the batteries is the rear seat. In the event of a collision once you stop the batteries will still be moving. Could make for an interesting epitaph though...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla's battery factory will be a big factor.................. :)
Yes, Tesla's planned $6 Billion dollar factory will make Elon Musk the new Auto energy Czar with his made in the USA batteries. I hope he has a different attitude than BIG OIL!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The biggest issue with an electric Elio is the only place for the batteries is the rear seat. In the event of a collision once you stop the batteries will still be moving. Could make for an interesting epitaph though...
More than likely a floor board designed battery pack. Think of all the extra frunk space in the current engine compartment.

Top Bottom