• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorheads

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any bikers out there know if the HD V-Rod with the help of an a-dapter-kit, will work in the Elio and what kind of results could I look to see with it? Seed, 0-60? Would it be to fast for the design? Death trap?

Just starting a new line of conversation. Let’s dream a little.
Lets rod this thing out within reason and see what kind of fun we can have with it.

Last edited:

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why sabotage the Elio's reliability with an HD motor? Lots of better choices for powerplants that produce ~120hp/90tq and have much greater reliability than an HD motor. And, since a V-Rod is rated to yield a mere 37mpg combined, it would yield lower economy in the Elio, which is ~twice the weight.
120hp would be a great number for a 1250lb vehicle.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why sabotage the Elio's reliability with an HD motor? Lots of better choices for powerplants that produce ~120hp/90tq and have much greater reliability than an HD motor. And, since a V-Rod is rated to yield a mere 37mpg combined, it would yield lower economy in the Elio, which is ~twice the weight.
120hp would be a great number for a 1250lb vehicle.

Lets rod this thing out within reason and see what kind of fun we can have with it.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any bikers out there know if the HD V-Rod with the help of an a-dapter-kit, will work in the Elio and what kind of results could I look to see with it? Seed, 0-60? Would it be to fast for the design? Death trap?

Anything is possible with enough money. But another automotive engine would make more sense as they are intended to last longer than motorcycle engines. Honda Type R engine or Ford's 2.0 Ecoboost from the Focus ST. Probably many other FF engine configured cars. Someone will hot rod an elio with a number of different engines once they are available to figure out what fits.

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio is such an attention getter that I'm sure we will see all kinds of modifications, and I would bet someone is going to drop a V8 in one. The most that I may do is custom wheels. I am leaving my engine stock for the 84 mpg.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know this is kind of stupid, but I can't stop thinking about what this would look like with a fully enclosed hood/suspension together. Like a very modern (and smaller) interpretation of a Cord 810 front end or something along those lines.
Body styling kits anyone?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know this is kind of stupid, but I can't stop thinking about what this would look like with a fully enclosed hood/suspension together. Like a very modern (and smaller) interpretation of a Cord 810 front end or something along those lines.
Body styling kits anyone?
Do you have a pic?

Top Bottom