• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Model 3 Vs Elio

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm betting on the Elio since a fill up of gas is a lot quicker than recharging on the Tesla multiple times.

Added: Katy, tx to El Paso, Tx, is 716 miles.

Elio range 650+ miles. So one stop to refuel the Elio.

Tesla 3 range is estimated to be 200 miles. That means at least 4 stops to recharge, depending on the duration for a recharge that's gonna be a lot more time than the Elio's one fuel stop.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Riddle..........
Two cars, a Tesla 3 and an Elio, leave Katy, TX at 6 AM and travel on I10 at the speed limit until they reach El Paso, TX stopping only to refuel.
Both cars are base models. Both cars have cruise control. (Which may be a option.)
Which car will reach El Paso first? Why?
WAY too easy. The Elio because of 1 - 5 minute stop to refuel verses the Tesla with 3 - 30 minute stops to recharge MINIMUM! And that's only IF you can find a charging station.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, I don't think the Tesla would make it. The Tesla should be able to make it from Katy to San Antonio for a charge but there aren't any more Tesla charging stations from San Antonio to El Paso. The Tesla would run out of energy about 1/3 of the way from San Antonio to El Paso.

BTW: By reckoning, its HOT in TX, so with the A/C on I wonder if the Tesla would even make it to San Antonio.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a question.

Does anyone know if non-Tesla EVs are, or will be, able to buy a charge at Tesla charging stations?
If they are (or will be... and I can't imagine it otherwise) Tesla may be losing money now, but as EVs become more common...

Imagine back to when Standard Oil controlled almost all the oil (and I would imagine gas stations) in the world.
Keep in mind that the number of gas stations could not keep up with demand/need early on either.
But look at what happened when gasoline began to emerge as the predominant vehicle fuel and the fueling stations began to catch up.
It's almost as if Musk is subsidizing a big chunk the entire EV industry himself in order to eventually control a lion's share of it.
Profit drives industry. Gotta love history.

I think there are a lot of reasons the company's named Tesla instead of Edison.

Last edited:
Top Bottom