• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Looks Like A Big Production Delay Is Imminent

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Plant was not tooled up (yet) for Elio, production is a while off. No need to worry about finding a plant. PLENTY of vacant plants in USA.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Plant was not tooled up (yet) for Elio, production is a while off. No need to worry about finding a plant. PLENTY of vacant plants in USA.

Not so much the plant, what about all the free tooling that came with it?

Big difference between buying an old pizza place for your new pizza business and
buying one that use to make donuts.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went on line and searched for anything about Elio and Caddo Parish for April 2014. Nothing. Absolutely nothing came up and I read a lot of stuff that was old news not new news. Let's hope this is a case of old information being rebroadcast. :) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If they are losing the Shreveport plant, which is still not clear at this point, Elio Motors likely has about 3-4 months to secure a new location before this really impacts their production schedule. Nothing was happening at the plant now and nothing was likely to happen there for another 6 months or so.

Considering they have looked for plants sites before it is likely that they have a list of good potential assembly locations ready to go.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they are losing the Shreveport plant, which is still not clear at this point, Elio Motors likely has about 3-4 months to secure a new location before this really impacts their production schedule. Nothing was happening at the plant now and nothing was likely to happen there for another 6 months or so.

Considering they have looked for plants sites before it is likely that they have a list of good potential assembly locations ready to go.

Bet they end up back in Michigan.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we need to relax a bit. That news was true, it did come to pass... Industrial Reality Group is out of California and specializes in managing industrial properties. Here's Elio's reported news from January:(IDB is Industrial Development Board from Caddo Parish which is the parish Shreveport is from... Louisiana has parishes instead of counties.)

Elio Motors will rent approximately 1.5 million square feet of the 4.1 million square foot building from Industrial Realty Group, who leases the building from the IDB. IRG will seek a tenant or tenants for the 2.6 million remaining square feet of the building, which may include suppliers for Elio Motors.

AltoidBox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Big difference between buying an old pizza place for your new pizza business and
buying one that use to make donuts.

I was under the impression that Elio had already purchased much of the equipment that was in the plant, not that it came free with the lease.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom