• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lets Help Em Find $500.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
not on EM's books .... their 1st year pre-production sales volume numbers don't stop accumulating until they decide to bring them to an end .... that kind of stacks that stat in their favor .. o_O
I was being sracastic in that reply to TE........you took it out of context. My sarcastic point was suppliers are actual partners and working along side Elio Motors to offer their best pricing because of the high volume pre-order Elio sales. EM will no doubt reach their first year production goal with presale orders.....good news for parts supplier partners and everybody except TE.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I was being sracastic in that reply to TE........you took it out of context. My sarcastic point was suppliers are actual partners and working along side Elio Motors to offer their best pricing because of the high volume pre-order Elio sales. EM will no doubt reach their first year production goal with presale orders.....good news for parts supplier partners and everybody except TE.

Also do not forget that the majority of the bolt on parts are actually off-the-shelf so they are already in volume production with little or no modification needed for use by EM. By using these parts EM receives the benefits of the economy of scale of an existing vehicle manufacturer. :cool:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

no, you were perfectly clear .... my response was in keeping, I mean everyone knows EM can't possibly make a mistake .... OK, the Elgin may poke a hole in that theory

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also do not forget that the majority of the bolt on parts are actually off-the-shelf so they are already in volume production with little or no modification needed for use by EM. By using these parts EM receives the benefits of the economy of scale of an existing vehicle manufacturer. :cool:
Thanks! That point really nails it on why Elio wins with low bid volume pricing along with forming sound working partnerships with those parts suppliers very early on in the development stages. Everybody involved is on the same page when production finally kicks off.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bolting on an A/C system that is predesigned to fit a vehicle as an optional accessory is a much easier task than installing an aftermarket generic A/C into a vehicle never designed for A/C like a vintage car, so the expensive aftermarket retrofit A/C system into a vehicle that needs to be modified to fit it is an invalid comparison.

A vehicles ventilation system allows outside air intake into the cabin, and recirculation within the cabin, that typically includes a heat source in the airstream - an airsteam which is simply airflow at faster vehicle speeds, and fan assisted where needed.. The ventilation system consists of ducting and valves that direct that air flow into the cabin, direct it at the glass for defrosting or at the feet etc as the occupant needs. Adding heat to the airstream can be switched either on or off. A/C is a just a cool air source (by removing heat from the airstream). Just because on modern vehicles one pushes a a button labelled "A/C" on the dash to get window defrosting does not mean that by eliminating the A/C system components, that the defrosting function is also deleted. You'll still have heat, and windshield defrost capabilities, with or without A/C. Heated air is actually what is needed for defrosting function, not cold air.
What AC does is cool and dehumidify. Most modern automotive HVAC systems run the AC to dehumidify and then heat the dried air and blow that dehumidified warm air on your windscreen.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back in the good old days heat being ample and free in water cooled machines we would just open a window to let in the dry air outside in with the heater blasting. The air cooled stuff had you carrying an ice scraper with you to clear your breath off the inside of the windshield. Ah the good old days.

Top Bottom