• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Laws Of Massachusetts

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice to see you again raybonz. Thank you for extrapolating that. If I had realized you were going to do it I would have skipped reading all that other stuff. LOL Of course this does not change the fact that the Elio is a motorcycle according to Federal regulations and will therefore have a mc vin. Does this mean your Elios will be licensed as cars and therefore pay insurance and other car fees? It will be interesting to see how this all eventually falls into place. :) Z
Always nice chatting with you Z!How have you been? Haven't been on here much. Nothing personal just nothing of value to add however I have been keeping tabs on Elio's progress. Whether Mass. considers Elio a car or bike and how they approach the insurance remains a mystery. Mass. has plenty of time to sort this out so time will tell.. Tell you what I'd really like to buy is a fuel efficient pickup truck.. I have owned 4 full size trucks and really like them. If I can buy a truck that approaches 30 mpg I will forgo the Elio as I can do just about everything with one vehicle.. Will this happen? Who knows.

Take Care,
'Ray.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I own a 50cc scooter with two wheels and a CVT. I can drive it in MA with just a normal drivers license. It is not enclosed and not classed as a car. Does not have automotive controls of any type. Yet it currently enjoys the exception. As I understand current law we will be able to drive our machines without wearing a helmet. The law you cite. but will require an endorsement to drive. You will also be taking the vehicle to a motorcycle inspection station and your sticker will go on the plate.

How the state views the State license requirement is up to the state. They don't decide if it is a motorcycle or not.

Top Bottom