• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Laws Of Massachusetts

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would guess that Elio had to comply with the current laws in the state where is it registered. I don't really care what kind of plate the state requires only how they classify the vehicle so that you don't need a MC endorsement (which I have) or wear a helmet to drive it.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lets use California for an example. You can ride what you want without a helmet. Ride a motorcycle you need an endorsement. Add a sidecar and you can drive the rig with a regular drivers license.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
California Vehicle Code, Division 12, Chapter 5, Article 7, Section 27803.

• "(a) A driver and any passenger shall wear a safety helmet meeting requirements established pursuant to Section 27802 when riding on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle. "(b) It is unlawful to operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet as required by subdivision (a). "(c) It is unlawful to ride as a passenger on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycles, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet as required by subdivision (a). "(d) This section applies to persons who are riding on motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, or motorized bicycles operated on the highways. "(e) For the purposes of this section, 'wear a safety helmet' or 'wearing a safety helmet' means having a safety helmet meeting the requirements of Section 27802 (see :Standards" below) on the person's head that is fastened with the helmet straps and that is of a size that fits the wearing person's head securely without excessive lateral or vertical movement. "(f) In enacting this section, it is the intent of the Legislature to ensure that all persons are provided with an additional safety benefit while operating or riding a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle."

Top Bottom