• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Ok so this TS/CD? Was hanging around the Elio and asking questions. I didn't get a face shot but I'd have to say it was a "man" in his 60's? Just goes to show that this might be a car for everyone.
View attachment 7665
One other thing I forgot to note was that I got into the show free both days. I had my black and silver Elio shirt on and the team had the red ones on. I went in thru a "back" entrance and they assumed I was an employee. Worked for me!

Lmao, well done on the getting in for free!!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Ok so this TS/CD? Was hanging around the Elio and asking questions. I didn't get a face shot but I'd have to say it was a "man" in his 60's? Just goes to show that this might be a car for everyone.
View attachment 7665
One other thing I forgot to note was that I got into the show free both days. I had my black and silver Elio shirt on and the team had the red ones on. I went in thru a "back" entrance and they assumed I was an employee. Worked for me!

That's a guy, huh? Too funny.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 7665
Maybe the infamous Elio basher who started here as a guy and came back as his "niece"? I forget the screen names.

[emoji3]

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Husker1 thanks for info about interior as I am your height. I wished the final cars had the shine of this red but not to be as I understand.
I'm glad I could help you out. The only thing I need to change is that the interior is a little bit wider than I initially stated. I'd say that on the right side it's the full width of my center console plus a few inches.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FWIW-
back to the headlight discussion- I always used a pulsing light. I know from approaching vehicles they didn't like it, however they obviously saw it
Research has shown we tend to when looking afar, not see things closer i.e hitting a bicycle rider, pedestrian and the infamous "I didn't see them", which happens to be, frequently true, although we can't begin to wrap our heads around that as an excuse.
Yea some states it's illegal, not knowing which, I was never pulled over.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW-
back to the headlight discussion- I always used a pulsing light. I know from approaching vehicles they didn't like it, however they obviously saw it
Research has shown we tend to when looking afar, not see things closer i.e hitting a bicycle rider, pedestrian and the infamous "I didn't see them", which happens to be, frequently true, although we can't begin to wrap our heads around that as an excuse.
Yea some states it's illegal, not knowing which, I was never pulled over.
Was that a pulsing light on a car? Or on a bike? On a bike I've seen them, but never on a car. Being an AutoCar it might be best to follow the car rules more than the bike rules. It's a question best posed to the lawmakers.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Was that a pulsing light on a car? Or on a bike? On a bike I've seen them, but never on a car. Being an AutoCar it might be best to follow the car rules more than the bike rules. It's a question best posed to the lawmakers.
Motorcycles, Beemers mostly. I never used them they also had brake lights who's intensity was related to the brake application

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Coss

What is the story behind your new avatar, the unusual 16 pin DIP? The gold item on top is new to me, as is the see through packaging.

Top Bottom