• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's true that this vehicle seems to be a lot of different things to different people. Some want the basics, as Mr. Elio designed, inexpensive, good mileage, commuter vehicle. Some want to race them and be able to burn up a quarter mile. Some want to put wings on it so it will fly. Very diverse crowd with diverse wants and expectations for their vehicle.

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really? What other new car can you buy that gets 60+ MPG for that price?
The gas mileage is a selling point, no doubt. But, at 12 thousand dollars, it will cut off a lot of potential buyers. Considering this is an "and" car, it just doesn't justify that kind of money for what you get. The insurance alone will be much higher on a 12 thousand dollar car than a 6,800 dollar car, no?

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand and encourage "customization", but the Elio is "basic" transportation !!!

From the FACTORY, all I want is a "basic" vehicle.....I"ll do the rest !!!

Let's keep costs down :)
I agree 100%! The destination and dealer prep will push the cost out the door, even the basic model to close to $8,000 or more.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The gas mileage is a selling point, no doubt. But, at 12 thousand dollars, it will cut off a lot of potential buyers.
So those folks will just skip the options and get it for $6800. Problem solved.
shrug.gif

Top Bottom