• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Want My Elio Now!

Marv Cohen

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Presently Deefield Beach moving to Jensen Beach
I went to Daytona Bch 3/12 and saw and sat in the P4 . It's quite comfortable . I should have brought a camera I saw the 0.9L fuel injected engine prototype on a display stand looks like a nice design. Quite a generous crankcase the person showing it and giving away literature said it will have 4 liter oil capacity (long engine life) . The filter is a standard screw on type it had a ELIO label on it? Due to the placement of the filter on the engine it would be wise to put several cloths under it to mop up the spills unless the engine compartment is open on bottom.
The Elio was in a courtyard surrounded by lots of different sized people they all fit in the drivers seat. I asked how it would be changing the rear tire I was told the skirt would be designed to swivel out of the way I forgot to ask about location of a spare tire but I was told it would come with a scissor jack . It's Bikers Week and it was well attended by about a billion dollars worth of Harleys and I even saw a T Rex. Trunk space looked to be less than 3cu. ft. If you go grocery shopping once a week the rear passenger area will more than suffice. A 12 volt outlet is provided . On my GMC I put a Y connecter so I can have my road DVR camera and charger for Cellphone the more the merrier. No ONSTAR on Elio so that means more 12v outlet is needed for GPS. I think there are 4 outlet 12v plug in. The presenter said cruise control could be an option added, I would go for that. I hope the sound proofing is good ,that could be an aftermarket fix by a DIYer many different lightweight sound proofing materials are on the market. Another fix for this is play the radio loud. I am so used to having a back up camera more DC outlets needed for electronic junk Oh I mean necessities I'm sorry I didn't look for sun visors or coat hooks or radio antenna most cars have a built in antenna in the windshield.
The time frame of Elio delivery coincides with when the lease on the GMC expires I may need to keep my Chinese copy of the TRex going while I wait for the Elio or buy a beater.

Last edited:

Marv Cohen

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Presently Deefield Beach moving to Jensen Beach
I just thought of something . If the Elio is classified as a motorcycle then no spare tire is required. It's better to be classified as a motorcycle or that other new term "autocycle" . Insurance will be way cheaper than for a automobile. Think of the savings in insurance. I would guess $150-$200 would cover this $6800 type of vehicle for theft , fire , collision. My Zhen 250cc costs $70/yr with safe driver discount for bare bones liability .

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't make it on first day of BIKE WEEK in Daytona how was it?
Lots of leather! The booth for the Elio was stuck way back behind other booths. I walked by it a couple of times before Otis, another Elio enthusiast text me the location. The P4 was great. It confirmed my decision to go all in for a thousand.

John Giberson

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of leather! The booth for the Elio was stuck way back behind other booths. I walked by it a couple of times before Otis, another Elio enthusiast text me the location. The P4 was great. It confirmed my decision to go all in for a thousand.
Bike Week was excellent as always.....So glad I went this year and found the Elio!!! Now there needs to be Elio Rallies!!! Start planning for 2015 now!

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know if the Elio is close to being as dependable as the ol 510 then I can see some pretty hilarious rallies. I can't imagine some of the crap you guys would do to yours.

jrm_cr_fl

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also went to Daytona on 3/13, a Thursday. I thought that would be better than the weekend, which it was according to friends who went on Saturday, 3/15. Just over 110 miles from Crystal River and a beautiful day on the bike (Honda Stateline). I love the new improvements to the P4, even the full skirted wheel covers. They (tires) appear to be smaller than the front tires on the P3. I sat in the front and back, peered into the rear hatch, and looked at it from all angles. Nothing about it I didn't like and will probably go with the orange color since yellow is not offered (this year). #2114.

Top Bottom