• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Couldn't Wait

Triangles

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to do a search on recent discussions about the roll out date; this has been discussed to a point that it is no longer something to make assumptions about unless you have some type of inside knowledge about the goings on at EM.
The roll out date, as stated by Elio motors, and as they have it posted on their website, and in the SEC filing is Q4 of this year.
Doing "chicken little, the sky is falling" is really getting old.

The point I was trying to make that seems to have been missed is that it takes time set up a production line. EM is close but not quite at that point yet. I say this based on my experience starting up new manufacturing lines and what EM has publicly released. EM has stated that they haven't yet raised the capital for production. As such it will be some time until production starts. First they have to finish E-series testing (I'd be shocked if this is done by mid 2016), Then they have to raise the production capital to then start on the production line. If they've done a lot of prep work and run into no problems, they may be able to start production as early as 6 months after getting the money. This would work with a production start of late 2016 if they finished E-series testing and have the funds raised by mid 2016. However, taking into account problems that inevitably come up, I expect them to start production no earlier than 9 mo. to 1 year after they have the money to go into production. Often people get so fixated on exact dates. In the real world of manufacturing all those dates are just best guesses. Bringing a product to market is a process that takes as long as it takes. EM has been vastly more transparent that just about any company I know of as far as product development. They have a clear plan and are executing it well step by step. Maybe not as fast as we all would like but they are steadily making progress. Whether EM starts production late 2016 or late 2017 doesn't really matter. So basically what I am saying is that I don't know when they will start production but late 2016 doesn't seem very realistic. Also you can't expect production to start immediately after the production capital is raised.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The point I was trying to make that seems to have been missed is that it takes time set up a production line. EM is close but not quite at that point yet. I say this based on my experience starting up new manufacturing lines and what EM has publicly released. EM has stated that they haven't yet raised the capital for production. As such it will be some time until production starts. First they have to finish E-series testing (I'd be shocked if this is done by mid 2016), Then they have to raise the production capital to then start on the production line. If they've done a lot of prep work and run into no problems, they may be able to start production as early as 6 months after getting the money. This would work with a production start of late 2016 if they finished E-series testing and have the funds raised by mid 2016. However, taking into account problems that inevitably come up, I expect them to start production no earlier than 9 mo. to 1 year after they have the money to go into production. Often people get so fixated on exact dates. In the real world of manufacturing all those dates are just best guesses. Bringing a product to market is a process that takes as long as it takes. EM has been vastly more transparent that just about any company I know of as far as product development. They have a clear plan and are executing it well step by step. Maybe not as fast as we all would like but they are steadily making progress. Whether EM starts production late 2016 or late 2017 doesn't really matter. So basically what I am saying is that I don't know when they will start production but late 2016 doesn't seem very realistic. Also you can't expect production to start immediately after the production capital is raised.

I may be picking fly sh*t from pepper here, but 'I thought' part of the purpose of some of the E-series was to set up the actual production line stations [build sequence] so that when the line starts for the production models most of the issues have been addressed. It would be ridiculous to build each E-series the same way all of the P-series models were made [basically, one-off]. Which, in my mind, means that when the funds are received, they're ready to go...no 6 month wait after getting the money, as you stated.

That said, I could be 100% wrong...wouldn't be the first time. ;)

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
do you think 18yr olds use the rotating gesture to signal for someone to "roll down" the window?,
sort-a like stretching your thumb and "pinky" to your ear to indicate call me?
tapping your wrist to ask the time?
do ya think when kids put their arm out the window they're signaling a turn?
know why some cars have 3 foot pedals?
know what a car key is?
flooding an engine?
and...........

Who the Beatles are? Sorry I couldn't resist.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And when did you start working for Elio Motors and have first hand knowledge of everything you stated?
If you haven't, you are simply speculating and you have no real information.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping my 14 year old car would hold out until it could be replaced by an Elio, but after increasing numbers of trips to the mechanic over the past months, I got rid of it and bought a used Chevy Volt this week. Now, I still want my Elio, but when I can commute to work every week without burning a drop of gas with the Volt, suddenly 84mpg isn't as compelling as it once was. Crazy, right? Don't tell anyone, but that Chevy Volt is a pretty amazing vehicle and the fact that they seem to depreciate about 50% in the first 3 years makes them fairly affordable on the gently used market. The Elio wins the efficiency title with trips over 80 miles or so, but even a 40+ mile trip for me is fairly uncommon.

That said, I *still* want my Elio!!!!
Look up "cognitive dissonance ". that is the phenomenon that makes us believe our choice was great because we made it, regardless of the facts. Cognitive dissonance is a very powerful force and drives much human behavior. It applies in this situation just fine!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
this might be a good place to post- speaking of the good old days!!
AUTOMOBILES
End of the Road May Be Near for Side Mirrors

Wheels

By JOHN R. QUAIN FEB. 4, 2016

Photo
05wheels1-master675.jpg

Continental, a big auto parts supplier, has a system it calls digital mirrors, eliminating cars’ Mickey Mouse ears.CreditContinental

Top Bottom