• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Couldn't Wait

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
do you think 18yr olds use the rotating gesture to signal for someone to "roll down" the window?,
sort-a like stretching your thumb and "pinky" to your ear to indicate call me?
tapping your wrist to ask the time?
do ya think when kids put their arm out the window they're signaling a turn?
know why some cars have 3 foot pedals?
know what a car key is?
flooding an engine?
and...........

I think some of the hand gestures are still around with teens because they are mimicking the older generation.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My 2006 Kia Rio had roll down windows. I could have opted for electric, but wanted something bulletproof. I had planned on driving that car until the 10 year warranty was up, then pass it on to my son as his first car to trash. Then 4 years later a pretty Mini Cooper S caught my eye...

Pretty sure you can still get them on Smarts too. But roll down windows do seem to be something of an oddity these days.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My 2006 Kia Rio had roll down windows. I could have opted for electric, but wanted something bulletproof. I had planned on driving that car until the 10 year warranty was up, then pass it on to my son as his first car to trash. Then 4 years later a pretty Mini Cooper S caught my eye...

Pretty sure you can still get them on Smarts too. But roll down windows do seem to be something of an oddity these days.

From what I understand, the reason the Elio has power windows instead of roll-down, was because the hardware for power windows is cheaper than for installing roll-down windows.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have hand crank windows in my 2005 Sunfire. I also don't have power door locks. No ABS either. No alarm system.

One hell of a exhaust rattle, a hole in the front bumper, big dent in the fender thanks to Bambi, and my big hand print dented into the trunk after 261,000 miles makes it say MINE!

"Your car is a complete piece of crap, but damn does it heat up fast."

- my wife's words last night as we took my daughter to dinner.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This weekend I was driving through Bandera when I saw the Slingshot, though last weekend I saw three Slingshots in and around Round Rock. I hadn't seen one in person prior to then. They look kinda odd, depending on the angle. My wife described it as a Batmobile that someone slapped together in their garage.
Not "slapped together"! "Cobbled together"! As in the quote from the comic strip Sheldon, "The English language was carefully, carefully cobbled together by three blind dudes and a German dictionary."

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure I mentioned this on another thread. My ex's BFF's kids love riding in my ex's car, because she has the manual roll-down windows. They think that it's so cool that you can roll down the windows without having to turn on the car!

"I wish someone would invent a phone you could hang on the wall so you wouldn't lose it." (teenaged son to a friend of mine.)

Almost 7 years ago I found myself in big box store in a conversation with two college freshmen. They had been looking at portable phones to use in their dorm room, and I mentioned how those things wouldn't work if the power was out. Next thing I know I'm telling them about the quality of service laws governing the dial-up phone system, how they'll work regardless of the weather, and how cell towers (at the time, don't know about now) were not federally mandated to have these same guarantees of service. After 3 days all the cell tower batteries in New Orleans had died -- bye bye cell phones.

And don't get me started on these new-fangled flat screen monitors!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Derned bunch of old farts here ........ ;)
Talk'n bout dial phones and crank winders.
And aint no one talk'n bout how hard it is to get a good radio station any mores. :sleeping:

Top Bottom