• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Couldn't Wait

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This 'package' is usually bundled with the mandatory ones like the rear defroster. You can separate them if you custom order your car, not something most people will do.
Here it is called a 'convenience package', and is on just about every car in the lot.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This 'package' is usually bundled with the mandatory ones like the rear defroster. You can separate them if you custom order your car, not something most people will do.
Here it is called a 'convenience package', and is on just about every car in the lot.
don't lose sleep if you don't see a rear defroster for the Elio (me smiling)

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As for sourcing - that is here,

ABS - "That will change for all 2012 vehicles, as federal law will require all cars and light trucks to come with standard electronic stability control. Stability control relies on an antilock braking system to apply the brakes at individual wheels to prevent skids, so all vehicles will need to have ABS as well."..http://ask.cars.com/2011/05/do-any-cars-come-without-abs-anymore.html
Defrosters -" A rear window defrosting device is required on: 1) 1974 or newer models (except roll down convertible window) 2) 1986 or newer models (sliding doors), 3) 1993 or newer models (liftgate) " form MV529...
Tire level lights - (49 CFR Parts 571 and 585) - " FMVSS No. 138 requires new passenger cars, multi-purpose passenger vehicles, trucks, and buses with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 4,536 kg (10,000 pounds) or less, except those with dual wheels on an axle, to be equipped with a TPMS to alert the driver when one or more of the vehicle�s tires, up to a total of all four tires, is significantly under-inflated"..

But the real issue is that dealers stock the packages they can sell. Off the lot you pretty much get what they want you to have. I want roll down window handles, but I haven't seen any in many years. The last car that had them was my DJ-5 Jeep, and that had slider locks, not even handles.

I am optimistic that at first, the 'autocycle' category will be exempt from much of this, but regulations will catch up eventually.

My point is simply that when buying a new car, the packages you are forced to buy, one way or another, substantially inflate the cost to your pocket, so a new car is not just a decision between an Elio or a Honda, The Honda may be three times the price of the Elio, on the other hand, what would a comparably equipped Elio cost? We don't really know yet.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
do you think 18yr olds use the rotating gesture to signal for someone to "roll down" the window?,
sort-a like stretching your thumb and "pinky" to your ear to indicate call me?
tapping your wrist to ask the time?
do ya think when kids put their arm out the window they're signaling a turn?
know why some cars have 3 foot pedals?
know what a car key is?
flooding an engine?
and...........

Top Bottom