• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Are You Planning To Handle Drive Throughs, Toll Booths, Atm's, Etc...?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
much the same happened to us a few years ago when traveling around Denver .... none of their toll booths were staffed, they use a camera to take a picture of a vehicle's tag and go from there .... must admit that I can't help but wonder what would happen if we tow through there again .... with NC not having a front license plate, they would be hard pressed to get a clear picture of the plate on the back of our camper .. :)

Jim

View attachment 4023
You will be OK if you pay, most will not take a pick. However try not paying and you probably wouldn't make it five miles down the road with out ten LEO's chasing you like Smokey and the Bandit.

I can see you doing this with your camper.:rolleyes:

:eek: Did you see that, they went right through our toll booth.

Rated R

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You will be OK if you pay, most will not take a pick. However try not paying and you probably wouldn't make it five miles down the road with out ten LEO's chasing you like Smokey and the Bandit.

I can see you doing this with your camper.:rolleyes:

:eek: Did you see that, they went right through our toll booth.

Rated R

they don't have people working the booths .... the Denver system is automated .... they have sensors that read EZ Pass or whatever one they use and a camera placed to take a picture of the license plate .... it took them about 3 months to get the bill to us via US Mail .... unless they have some way of instantly figuring out there isn't a good picture of a license plate and dispatching patrol vehicle to present the driver with a bill, I suspect that one could get out of harm's way pretty easily .... not that I have any plans to test this theory ..;)..

Jim

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
they don't have people working the booths .... the Denver system is automated .... they have sensors that read EZ Pass or whatever one they use and a camera placed to take a picture of the license plate .... it took them about 3 months to get the bill to us via US Mail .... unless they have some way of instantly figuring out there isn't a good picture of a license plate and dispatching patrol vehicle to present the driver with a bill, I suspect that one could get out of harm's way pretty easily .... not that I have any plans to test this theory ..;)..

Jim
I was mixed up. The ones I have gone through with no one on duty, you had to throw the money into the basket on the way through. So I guess with yours it's like a red light camera, they snap the pic and bill you later.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So I guess with yours it's like a red light camera, they snap the pic and bill you later.

that trip around Denver is the only time we've hit such a system .... as noted, that was several years ago, I don't know if they still use the same system

Jim

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Took me a while to type this post as after reading all others I ran around in a small circle shrieking "eek! Woe is me!" Then I realized getting in my gated apartment my only issue and I probably will work that out.

More interestingly is what happened to all those posters back a few months as I do not see many of them posting any longer.

Top Bottom