• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Are You Planning To Handle Drive Throughs, Toll Booths, Atm's, Etc...?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Went through something like that coming back from Destin. Six months later we got a bill from FDOT with a picture of our Jeep going through the unmanned booth area, saying we owed them $1.19...o_O. Had to cost them 5 times that to process and mail the bill out! Oxymoron of the day: Government Effeciency

As far as toll roads go, just move to Colorado. We have license plate readers on our toll roads. Receive a bill in the mail. :)

much the same happened to us a few years ago when traveling around Denver .... none of their toll booths were staffed, they use a camera to take a picture of a vehicle's tag and go from there .... must admit that I can't help but wonder what would happen if we tow through there again .... with NC not having a front license plate, they would be hard pressed to get a clear picture of the plate on the back of our camper .. :)

Jim

141228 01 Yeti Mount Mod 001.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As far as toll roads go, just move to Colorado. We have license plate readers on our toll roads. Receive a bill in the mail. :)

I'm 1.5 parking spots long and .99 wide. Sometimes i don't even bother parking in the same lot!

Back when I lived there ('62 to '86) the only toll roads were the one's we hit going down to Tulsa to visit relatives. Noticed the "short cut" toll road visiting a buddy up in Firestone, CO. I did chop I'm guessing 50 miles off the I-25 to I-70 run back to MO.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
much the same happened to us a few years ago when traveling around Denver .... none of their toll booths were staffed, they use a camera to take a picture of a vehicle's tag and go from there .... must admit that I can't help but wonder what would happen if we tow through there again .... with NC not having a front license plate, they would be hard pressed to get a clear picture of the plate on the back of our camper .. :)
A little trick I learned for going to DIA: find someone with a new vehicle and tinted Windows to drive you. The camera can't read the temporary tag through the tint.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well our real bank is in Texas, (USAA), although there is an actual branch in Colorado Springs. Our local Credit Union branch does not have a drive through, I've stopped going to fast food restaurants, don't use the toll road here and never use ATMs. So we won't have to change any habits, once our Elios get here.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here in geezerville, we have many cross bar gates, that we raise with a pass card system. You have to get the card kind of close to the sensor, I currently plan to put my card on the end of a 15-18" stick and keep it over my sun-visor. Otherwise that left front wheel would me mighty close to the curb.

You think I can work an ATM that way?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here in geezerville, we have many cross bar gates, that we raise with a pass card system. You have to get the card kind of close to the sensor, I currently plan to put my card on the end of a 15-18" stick and keep it over my sun-visor. Otherwise that left front wheel would me mighty close to the curb.

You think I can work an ATM that way?
Stick? Why not this telescoping TeleStik......perhaps another Elio option that should be for sale at the Elio Store locations.
image.jpg

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are some very interesting and creative ideas on here o_O I drive a Mazda Miata and when going to the ATM I can't reach it because the car sits too low, it won't change anything for me because I already have to get out :p As far as hitting your fenders on things how about something a little more hi-tech than curb feelers, install backup sensors on them to detect when you get too close :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What are you one of those stalker robots, just here to sell me stuff.

Anyhow I already have reachers, we all do down here.
No robot or sales background. You call those sticks down there in geezerville. I may start using the stick reference in my geezerville neck of the woods.

Last edited:
Top Bottom