• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Are You Planning To Handle Drive Throughs, Toll Booths, Atm's, Etc...?

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the drag on the non-pulled wheels is great I could see the tilting of the elio as it gets pulled by just one front tire but if the rolling resistance is low I would think the that elio would track straight. That said, I still don't think it would be a good idea to use one with the elio. Besides, my experience with the drag through washes is that they are brush types and since the elio is so narrow would likely mean a poor job cleaning it.

As for the touchless gas station types I have some concern about them as well. Around here these types of washes use sensors to determine how wide the vehicle is and adjust the arm so that it is at an appropriate distance from the vehicle. My concern would be that the sensors might not see the front tires and adjust the arm to come in too far ending up in the washing clipping the front pods on the way past. Of course, if the arm is out wide enough to clear the pods than I suspect the wash will become more ineffectual as the steam of water will now be quite a distance from the body of the elio.

All in, I'm thinking the coin operated car wash or a bucket and hose at home are likely to be the best way to wash your elio if you actually want it cleaned and undamaged.

Dallas B. Sims

Elio Fan
Reaction score
That called a "tiller Man"? open cab??, thought they went out with sliding down the pole!!
Dallas Fire Rescue has 6 tiller trucks and I'm at 1 of 3 stations that has poles to slide. Also, all of our cabs are enclosed. When I first hired onto the department, I was assigned to a ladder truck. That station's regular ladder truck was broken and the reserve ladder truck was an open cab. It was 30 degrees and snowing. Real men used to ride fire trucks. My avatar is a picture of the tiller truck at my station. Station 4, in downtown Dallas since 1894. In tight quarters, like downtown streets, tiller trucks are needed. Here is me driving the rear of the tiller truck from the center-mounted, enclosed cab.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 240

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As much as I dislike toll roads I have ez pass on all of my vehicles for when I have to use one... So I will add one to the Elio as soon as possible... As for drive in windows... I always take Leo Getz's advice (Lethal Weapon movies) and don't use 'em... You know, cuz they F**K you at the drive in window!... ok ok... ;)

h_r:cool:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As much as I dislike toll roads I have ez pass on all of my vehicles for when I have to use one... So I will add one to the Elio as soon as possible... As for drive in windows... I always take Leo Getz's advice (Lethal Weapon movies) and don't use 'em... You know, cuz they F**K you at the drive in window!... ok ok... ;)

when you visit us in Florida, you'll need a "Sun pass"

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, next time I'm in sunny Florida ( I have friends in Tampa n' Dade City) I'll have to avoid the T-roads or do it the old fashion way... I wish they'd come up with a universal "Pass" that would bill back to your originating State and transfer the payment to the State you're in... If wishes were horses...:p

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My work truck has a clearance of 9'3"which is three inches taller than the average drive thru window. I'm used to having to get out.

when we are traveling in our Sportchassis, we've come to think of it as an exercise truck .... we never get a parking place anywhere near the front door of a WalMart and don't even let going through a drive-through cross our minds .... the only time we use a toll road is when we are traveling and if we are in an Elio and have to do so, I'll just get out and take a couple of steps to the window

Jim

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Went through something like that coming back from Destin. Six months later we got a bill from FDOT with a picture of our Jeep going through the unmanned booth area, saying we owed them $1.19...o_O. Had to cost them 5 times that to process and mail the bill out! Oxymoron of the day: Government Effeciency

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As far as toll roads go, just move to Colorado. We have license plate readers on our toll roads. Receive a bill in the mail. :)
when we are traveling in our Sportchassis, we've come to think of it as an exercise truck .... we never get a parking place anywhere near the front door of a WalMart and don't even let going through a drive-through cross our minds .... the only time we use a toll road is when we are traveling and if we are in an Elio and have to do so, I'll just get out and take a couple of steps to the window

Jim
I'm 1.5 parking spots long and .99 wide. Sometimes i don't even bother parking in the same lot!

Top Bottom