• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. Whoopie. Another Friday... Another blog. And yet another tour appearance.
It's supposed to rain tomorrow. I think I'll go out and wash & wax my Elio while I have the chance.
No... wait...

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got the Friday blog and decided to run it thru Google translator. I selected to translate from b.s. to English. Here's the results.

"blah blah blah boring blah blah blah useless blah blah blah obvious blah blah blah who cares blah blah blah avoiding blah blah blah nonsense blah blah blah evading blah blah blah and finally blah blah blah." Any questions?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got the Friday blog and decided to run it thru Google translator. I selected to translate from b.s. to English. Here's the results.

"blah blah blah boring blah blah blah useless blah blah blah obvious blah blah blah who cares blah blah blah avoiding blah blah blah nonsense blah blah blah evading blah blah blah and finally blah blah blah." Any questions?
I didn't even bother to read it this time before I deleted it, but somehow I knew that's what it said. :D
Come to think of it, maybe I deleted it before I read it because I somehow knew that's what it said.

Last edited:

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
"Once the common questions are out of the way (the great gas mileage and low base price) we hear “How can it be so inexpensive,” followed by “Is it a quality vehicle?”

Uhm, NO. Those were probably the most common questions after the real common questions were done. Most common question is, "when will it be in production". The answer is??......?? Crickets. That was probably followed by somebody asking, "can I get my money back?". The answer to that is no. That's usually followed by somebody saying, "its a neat looking car though", and we move on. Who writes these blogs?

We get the whole we cant say anything forward thinking now that we are a public company thing. The Elio fanboy's beat that into the ground every time it comes up. Its great to have a pop up event and promote it. Honestly, Id hate to be any Elio representative that shows up to one of these things so hats off to those folks that do. But seriously, sometimes saying nothing says more and I think in this case it may be telling the truth.

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
"Once the common questions are out of the way (the great gas mileage and low base price) we hear “How can it be so inexpensive,” followed by “Is it a quality vehicle?”

Uhm, NO. Those were probably the most common questions after the real common questions were done. Most common question is, "when will it be in production". The answer is??......?? Crickets. That was probably followed by somebody asking, "can I get my money back?". The answer to that is no. That's usually followed by somebody saying, "its a neat looking car though", and we move on. Who writes these blogs?

We get the whole we cant say anything forward thinking now that we are a public company thing. The Elio fanboy's beat that into the ground every time it comes up. Its great to have a pop up event and promote it. Honestly, Id hate to be any Elio representative that shows up to one of these things so hats off to those folks that do. But seriously, sometimes saying nothing says more and I think in this case it may be telling the truth.
Latter boldface emphasis mine.

Actually, a lack of new information doesn't tell anything at all- as you'd expect from a lack of information. Rather, such a lack simply allows the intellectually skittish- both critics and fans alike, optimists and pessimists, cynics and the irrepressibly pollyannic- to exercise their abundant (and in humans, ubiquitous) confirmation bias.

Why are people so afraid to just admit they don't know? We don't know, and anyone claiming certainty is either deluding themselves or more simply full of crap, sometimes merely by dint of their human psychology.

I'm very weary of posts from people who are so certain. At least when they're specific, I can address it more aptly, but vague aspersions like 'saying nothing tells the truth' are frustratingly broad and difficult to pin down beyond their general tone. Just as silly as someone telling their neighbors that they'll have the trike in a few months, and then won't they be sorry they didn't believe hard enough, too!

Top Bottom