• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The back seat "Max Headroom" is rather low because of the sloping aerodynamics of the roof, IMO. I'll tell passengers it is their private little cozy space, so kick back take a nap.
MaxHeadroom.jpg

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's nice to read the comments that are on the positive side.
I was going to say something, but I waited until you did.
The last two blogs were 'firm'... In that they weren't "sales-pitchy", sappy or flowery.
Business-like is how I'd describe them. Almost like someone else took over.

And I, of all people, like the new style/tone of the blogs.
I also think that the details described there-in are significant...
And (I agree) are indicative of EM continuing progress with minimal resources.

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The back seat "Max Headroom" is rather low because of the sloping aerodynamics of the roof, IMO. I'll tell passengers it is their private little cozy space, so kick back take a nap.
Yeah, I'm sure the aerodynamics play a factor in the headroom back there too. Being 6'2, I know that I will never be a backseat passenger in an Elio. When I sat in the back of one, the head room was so low that there was just no way that I could handle anything more than just a couple minutes back there -since I had to lean forward the entire time. I even suggested shaving the seat down to get more head clearance. On my motorcycle, I actually removed all the foam padding on my stock seat pan & replaced it with a thin bicycle gel seat cushion & some carpet padding (and then re-covered, of course). It's actually more comfortable now -even with the profile being lower than before. I don't plan on having passengers in my Elio on a regular basis, but you never know. It might be one of the modifications I do when I receive mine, if they don't address it before production (which I'm not expecting them to).

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure the aerodynamics play a factor in the headroom back there too. Being 6'2, I know that I will never be a backseat passenger in an Elio. When I sat in the back of one, the head room was so low that there was just no way that I could handle anything more than just a couple minutes back there -since I had to lean forward the entire time. I even suggested shaving the seat down to get more head clearance. On my motorcycle, I actually removed all the foam padding on my stock seat pan & replaced it with a thin bicycle gel seat cushion & some carpet padding (and then re-covered, of course). It's actually more comfortable now -even with the profile being lower than before. I don't plan on having passengers in my Elio on a regular basis, but you never know. It might be one of the modifications I do when I receive mine, if they don't address it before production (which I'm not expecting them to).
Well, as you know the older you get to we tend to shrink and at the rate of this vehicle is taking to get to production you maybe able to even wear a hat in the back seat. ( just kidding )

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was going to say something, but I waited until you did.
The last two blogs were 'firm'... In that they weren't "sales-pitchy", sappy or flowery.
Business-like is how I'd describe them. Almost like someone else took over.

And I, of all people, like the new style/tone of the blogs.
I also think that the details described there-in are significant...
And (I agree) are indicative of EM continuing progress with minimal resources.

I agree that I like the tone and content of the latest blogs, but unfortunately they are telling us things we heard from the team at the LA Auto Show November last year when they debuted the E1c. So the changes they are talking about were from last year, at least 5 months ago.

Jermain from the tour team mentioned Elgin gauges were gone, flat bottom steering wheel would make it to production, exhaust bulge would be gone because of the change to unibody construction, and fuel filler moved to the other side. It is good to have confirmation, but if the tour guy was talking about it shirley they had already done the engineering.

Joeker's Let's Talk Elio 27 was very informative:

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure Coss and others with upholstery experience would know more than I about the fillers used in seats, but many years ago I converted the front cushions in my "bowrider" boat to a high-density foam with a vinyl cover. The cushions were only about 3/4" thick, but even in a hard fiberglass forward cockpit, they were supremely comfortable. I found it's not so much the thickness of the cushion, but how it molds to your backside and supports you.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I understand the need for some to love all things sports, I find it distracting from the EM blog. The blog should be focused on Elio, and related items. Anything else is just filling space. I would still like to hear more about the optional equipment especially the electronic kind. I also wonder where the latest prototype is? Perhaps they are showing it, but only to potential big investors?

Top Bottom