• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From Feb 3 2017

A Look Inside The Manufacturing Process

October 18, 2019

The idea of something new is exciting. Today, the terms “new” and “reliable” are practically synonymous. When a new item comes into our possession we fully expect that the item has been thoroughly tested and any potential bugs have long been resolved: any product that falls short can be an immediate disappointment. It was not long ago, however, that many were leery of purchasing a new vehicle because of the variables that accompanied the purchase. For the most part, those days are comfortably in the rearview mirror. Luckily, through several technological advancements, new vehicles are stunningly dependent and reliable. At Elio Motors, we are ensuring at every stage that our vehicles will be reliable by utilizing tools such as the Digital Buck.

In the past, you may have heard us use the term manufacturability and the Digital Buck is an essential aspect in ensuring the manufacturability of our vehicle. Most every major automaker uses similar tools to ensure the quality of their vehicles and to save time during the manufacturing process. This tool is not limited to the automotive industry and is utilized in a wide variety of industries.

One way to picture the use of the Digital Buck is as a digital assembly line. That is, the Digital Buck allows us to simulate the manufacturing process to ensure that the process works as planned and identify and correct potential issues. This type of software ensures the manufacturability of the Elio by identifying potential interferences between components and makes the necessary clearances for tools and components abundantly clear prior to the manufacturing process. Through the use of the Digital Buck, we can ensure that our vehicle will be manufactured seamlessly, which will save significant time and increase quality throughout the manufacturing process.

One of the major strengths of our project has been the involvement and expertise of our blue-chip supplier partners. In preparation for production, the Elio Motors team has been assembled into Product Development Teams. These teams will work both together and utilize the knowledge and experience from our blue-chip supplier partners. The Digital Buck is an essential tool to ensure that any potential issues are addressed in advance of the manufacture of our vehicle.

In total, the Digital Buck will finalize the integration and packaging of 483 components of 5 major systems:

Body and Frame– Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, body assembly, spot weld configuration, joint formation

Interior– Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, fastener finalization

Powertrain– Analysis, analytical evaluations of motor and transmission

Electrical– Packaging, routing and connector interface of wiring, evaluations of electrical architecture

Chassis– Geometry studies

There are a multitude of reasons why the Elio will be exciting. While there are many thrilling aspects of the Elio, it is our duty to ensure that our vehicle is also reliable. By using the Digital Buck, we can certify that our vehicle will be dependable while at the same time save time during the manufacturing process.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Given the current state of affairs at Elio Motors...the re-posting of a two year old blog highlighting the “Manufacturing process” is rather demeaning to all of the reservations holders...especially since Paul Elio it’s no longer being transparent with regards to any updated Elio Motors information...

Paul Elio must truly believe we’re all stupid...and will blindly support him...

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
TT,

I said the same thing a few weeks ago but used the word ‘idiots’ rather than ‘stupid’ and got called out for ‘name calling’ by a moderator. And, don’t be too insulted if he calls you ‘names,’ too.

But, yup, it’s pretty apparent that extremely little effort is put into the ‘blogs.’ Elio Motors has to boot up the old laptop every Friday: just hope they backed up the, now obsolete and non patentable ‘intellectual property’ on a thumb drive.

All we are worthy of is recycled, out-of-date blogs. That should keep us all happy.

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio isn't the only ones saying the same things. You guys regurgitate the same snarky crap.... over and over and over.... and over.
We get it. You've made your points.

I wished Elio would build the damn thing so you guys would move on.

We’ve gone almost two years without any information from Paul, Hari, or anyone ‘at’ Elio Motors.

If being ‘nice’ is going to elicit information, you, Sir, are incredibly naive. The burden is on Elio Motors to be forthcoming, ‘snarky crap’ is insignificant to the overwhelmingly one sided position Elio Motors has chosen. There are stock holders (e.g., owners) and tens of thousands of reservationists that put their faith and money behind Paul and Hari, and we don’t get the courtesy of ANY information. There may be good reasons Paul and company failed to produce anything, there are no excuses for this chronic and insulting lack of information. ‘Snarky’ is nothing. Turn up the heat and hold their feet to the fire, the ball is in their court: mollycoddling them, obviously, won’t get their respect.

Last edited:

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I wish they’d build the “damn thing” too...

But...the fine print in my non-refund Elio reservation contract says that Elio Motors is under no obligation to produce any Elio vehicles... and they have kept their promise...

My misguided trust in Paul Elio’s integrity and transparency makes me the stupid one...

At least Paul enjoyed a couple of very nice dinners on my $1000...LOL

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still have had no response from Elio about Connie Grennan. I also tried contacting some of the directors through their other companies with no success. Then, Elio's Investor section shows that the account has been suspended. Are they trying to eliminate information as to what's going on? You would think they could have made some kind of update or simple announcement by now.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio isn't the only ones saying the same things. You guys regurgitate the same snarky crap.... over and over and over.... and over.

That would be nice.....so we can all move on! :D Nobody here is stupid or idiot, just blindly in love of a 7K ELIO 3wheeler...and who doesn't if it can happen??
monkeys.jpg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It's going to happen until Elio stops repeating the same blogs then. There are many other items they could cover but refuse to do so. I'll post some things I'd like to see:
1. Evolution of the front suspension (which has changed a lot over the years)
2. The rear suspension
3. The transmissions (there are two and they could go into detail as to the gear ratios and how both will operate)
4. New exhaust routing (they have a CAD screenshot of the new battery placement but nothing of the exhaust)
5. The new fuel port (along with the gas tank)
6. All of the plumbing in the car (brakes, cooling, AC, EVAP)
7. Window regulators
8. Details of the airbag system
9. Wheels (what's stock and the optional ones)
10. Fender options
11. Sound System and options
12. Pedal assemble
13. Carpet
14. Seat construction
15. Shifter
16. Stalk Controls
17. In depth look at the Teves ABS/Stability control
18. How to change a tire on the Elio
19. Braking system
20. What we learned on the aero of the Elio

Maybe some of these have been covered before but I bet they could be updated. What I have listed can run them through March 9, 2020. There's absolutely no reason why Elio couldn't just cover simple topics like this. What it does is gives new information and then gives us new things to talk about. Until then, we will be just like Elio Motors and repeat old info.

Top Bottom