• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, I have not found a lie yet, just production problems and delays that are to be expected. I am not worried MAAAAAAN, be happy, now I will get my toy in early summer 2016 not winter 2015.... More time to play with it....
I still believe PM is being honest and earnest. I am all in for $1,000 but I went in reading ghe fine print and I am not an investor, I am a customer and as I customer was told deliver will be slipped another 6 months approximately 11 months before I expected delivery, I think this is a pretty good warning and doubt GM or Ford wouild issue such a disclosure this early.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had he done something like this a year ago he would be in production 2015. Now it maybe to late . If you think it is hard to raise money try it when you have egg on your face.
I knew what I was getting into. The $1000 is not going to change my life one bit. I sure it will not be the same for others. We rolled the dice and lost, can't win every time. Instead of the ELIO at the end of the year I get another new Harley in August.
We haven't lost yet! Delayed, yes but until I'm told I can't have my Elio, I haven't lost.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What's your point? Lack of information to pass on to the public doesn't qualify someone as being a liar or not transparent.

They have informed us every step of the way, I don't understand the issue?

It's much more efficient to work for months at a time and then release a lot of information than it is to work each day and at the end of the day say "well we figured out the nut and bolt would be better if it were moved 2 cm to the left today"

We should expect NOTHING but a vehicle at a reasonable period of time and be GRATEFUL for any information they give us on the journey to that period in time. That's what we signed up for. Pointless complaining that they are doing something very minimal the way you prefer. If you have a better idea, I invite everyone to start their own auto company. End of story.
I agree. Plus, bonus points for being the first person today to spell "liar" correctly.

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Had he done something like this a year ago he would be in production 2015. Now it maybe to late . If you think it is hard to raise money try it when you have egg on your face.
I knew what I was getting into. The $1000 is not going to change my life one bit. I sure it will not be the same for others. We rolled the dice and lost, can't win every time. Instead of the ELIO at the end of the year I get another new Harley in August.

I must ask...what Harley model?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
not defending WayneKemp but it does not have to be a lie to feel like a lie. I came here in November after research and sending the Grand. I wrote it off BUT did expect eventual car in my driveway. I get emails saying engine ready, equipment being looked at by buyers and should bring about $40 million to add to the $60 million investor capital, etc so I am thinking 4th quarter. I have defended EM but this stinks to me.
Still, it's just a delay. Ford delayed the last Mustang, right? Elio surely can't have an "on time" record better than the US's top auto manufacturer (not counting ones that have gone bankrupt and had to get saved by the government).

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I'll give my Elio money to my grandkids. They don't lie near as much as Elio.

Once again, I am going to ask you to post a link to the evidence that backs up your charges against EM, but because you haven't ever provided evidence in the past, I don't really expect it now.
IIRC, EM offered us the "opportunity" to accompany them on this journey... Just because you buy a ticket on the Greyhound doesn't mean you have the right to tell the driver how fast he should drive, or that he needs to take "short cuts." Because you bought a ticket, on this bus,doesn't mean you are part owner.
Instead of a t-shirt and a bumper sticker, EM should have sent you a pacifier and a box of Depends. It must really suck to be you. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once again, I am going to ask you to post a link to the evidence that backs up your charges against EM, but because you haven't ever provided evidence in the past, I don't really expect it now.
Instead of a t-shirt and a bumper sticker, EM should have sent you a pacifier and a box of Depends. It must really suck to be you.
-=Ouch=-

Anderson Howard

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They've been tryin to fund this puppy since 2008. The folks involved have all been around the business block
more than once. This vehicle portends to threaten some sacred cows & turn trans. as we know it on its
ear. Can't think that there are quite a few would like Elio to fail, but things are starting to pull together.
The learning curve, experience, & perseverance is paying off. The money is certainly out there but
the heavy hitters want some assurance that the market is real & that is where 'WE' come in........keep
the faith & you'l own the HOV lane soon enough............ :)
Let's all hope this gives us a better Elio when the financial dust has settled.

Top Bottom