• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are correct! That to me is a company applying for a loan for which they are not qualified.

If you mean financially qualified, that happened later too. A couple of years later, ATVM told them they'd give them the loan guarantee IF they could raise funds themselves, IIRC, $80 million.

I suppose there's lots of reasons why a company would get turned down, we're probably saying the same thing. :)
The important issue not settled on, is there a parallel between Elio loan submission and the Aptera?

I'd heard my fill of the Aptera issues at the time. What wasn't said is the involvement of the investors themselves. They got very optimistic that their 3wheel exception would be accepted and focused their entire bet on the loan approval. Starving them selves for any other source. Elio doesn't seem to be doing that, they seem to be expanding. But details of that drama is quite hidden from us.

The other case is cost overruns, Aptera started to see a horse race where they needed to reach a certain point before the loan program was either spent out or ended. They over extended for that a few other reasons, and lost the race to congress.

Elio is doing a bit of the opposite, pacing them selves down in match to the money they have. And also opening up other avenues of investment.

It's still a big cliff hanger on the ATVM loan, but the two situations, Aptera and Elio are not duplicates. Aptera kept discovering additional costs raising their product delivery price. Elio did see some increase in funding, but for the most part the product pricing and therefore the business plan has remained viable. They even have increased the profitability by having extended into the accessories and options marketing.

Elio can still end up in a cul-de-sac if things go too long with out funding resolution, running out of time on their commitment to the Parish and that factory, too include the effect of adding penalties.

In any case above, funding does remain the last biggest hurdle. But it is playing out differently from Aptera, up to now.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, that was only a 10 minute search. I'm not worried about a firestorm or name calling. There are quite a few people on here who can have a real conversation even when there is a disagreement. (All forums are pretty much this way).

I would like this to open up a real discussion. Some already are in it for the long haul because they already paid. If so, there really isn't much you can do, right?
Real discussion (argument) based on your personal intrepertaion of the ATVM Loan Application Guidelines? The Elio Motors application wouldn't have been accepted and/or would have been rejected after the 1st step of the review process. We all know the government doesn't like to waste time or money. The application seems to be moving forward. Only time will tell whether it's approved. I'm happy you and TexasAElio are not sitting on the ATVM loan review committee. If denied there may be other available options on the track to fundraising.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If denied there may be other available options on the track to fundraising.
Yes, Elio responded to a question I made on their website about offering corporate bonds as;

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jan 19, 19:00

Hello!
Thanks for your email.
That's a great idea, and it is one of our options to get the funding we need to get to production.
Please stay tuned for more information!

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Real discussion (argument) based on your personal intrepertaion of the ATVM Loan Application Guidelines? The Elio Motors application wouldn't have been accepted and/or would have been rejected after the 1st step of the review process. We all know the government doesn't like to waste time or money. The application seems to be moving forward. Only time will tell whether it's approved. I'm happy you and TexasAElio are not sitting on the ATVM loan review committee. If denied there may be other available options on the track to fundraising.

"We all know the government doesn't like to waste or money" Ha, tell that to called scientists who received a $10M grant to study the mating habits of fruit flys or the $100M they are spending to limit the methane "fart" gas cows produce. I know politicians that expel more methane out of their mouths they any cow can.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"We all know the government doesn't like to waste or money" Ha, tell that to called scientists who received a $10M grant to study the mating habits of fruit flys or the $100M they are spending to limit the methane "fart" gas cows produce. I know politicians that expel more methane out of their mouths they any cow can.
Well, maybe Elio can be folded into that $100M study on limiting cow farts or something. It is a bit of a nuisance when you can never quite tell what the Gov't is going to spend money on. There are so many heads sticking out of the nest trying to grab a worm, or part of one. It's the bird with technique or skill that gets the worm. Go to it PE! nomnom.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Capture.JPG

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, maybe Elio can be folded into that $100M study on limiting cow farts or something. It is a bit of a nuisance when you can never quite tell what the Gov't is going to spend money on. There are so many heads sticking out of the nest trying to grab a worm, or part of one. It's the bird with technique or skill that gets the worm. Go to it PE! nomnom.

I guess it's kind of like the Possum Lodge oath? "I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess."

Top Bottom