• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fiberglass?

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am a manufacturer of custom thermoformed products. Sometimes referred as vacuum forming. "Mounting to a vacuum form base" caught my attention.

I believe the process is compression molding that will be used to produce the body panels. It's a fairly cheap and efficient method of making theses components.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio_Motors_-_Finalized_Body_Panels_Front_Clip_Creamsicle.jpg

The headlight caught my eye. Is this a real panel or photoshop from the P5?

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the headlights in this rendering suggest EM is considering going to a dual low/high beam projector unit, rather than the single low/high beam in the P5 (compare with photo of the P5 below):
The rendering doesn't show a yellow lens at the back for the running lights, like the P5 has. The second light in the rendering may be a yellow running light that has a yellow bulb, instead of a white bulb with a yellow lens. I'm good with that. The prominent yellow lens would look awkward against certain colors of paint. It makes everything look much cleaner. Or it could just be that the rendering doesn't model the yellow lens, but that doesn't seem likely.

Top Bottom