• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Feasible To Add An 'eco Vs Sport' Switch?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure nobody knows, but as a guestimate, say Elio released the car on schdule and everything works out fine..... how long do you think it'll be before Gen 2 rolls around? Within a year? Two years? Five years?
Two to three years. They'll have to make enough money to fund the development program, pay their lease, pay their workers, pay back the ATVM loa (hoping they get it), all at the same time. Not a small challenge.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two to three years. They'll have to make enough money to fund the development program, pay their lease, pay their workers, pay back the ATVM loa (hoping they get it), all at the same time. Not a small challenge.
Gen 2: Vertical Double-decker Wedge design, permitting (optionally), 2 rear passengers seated one over the other, or lots of extra storage space. Don't take this too seriously!

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
absolutely .... to me a major positive is I do believe that, both in looks and performance, an Elio will lend itself to customization .... I doubt it will be long before we hear of racing leagues of various types, that we will see lift kits and low riders, that we will see chopped tops and luggage racks, that we will see custom paint jobs and light packages .... the biggest thing I can see with ours is switching between P3 & P4 front fenders, adding a trailer hitch and/or some sort of luggage rack .... I really expect this forum to explode with pictures of mods and its sure going to be fun watching
More than anything else I think we'll see a lot of different Elio "Clubs"
I saw it happen before when Vans became the "Thing", they still hold the Van Nationals It's nothing like it first started out, but there are still quite a few people that are part of it. Here's a couple of other examples:
Van plate.jpg

And a Picture Page

"Clubs" give people a chance to be in a group of people with like interests; it's almost like we communicate on a different level then those that have no interest in it.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really? I had no idea. How does it help you get better MPG?

I AM NO DOCTOR , BUT I WATCH ONE ON TV .
MY SPRINTER VAN IS A TURBO DIESEL . THIS IS A REMARKABLE VEHICLE
IN THAT IT HAS JUST 2.7 LITERS TO MOVE 6000 POUNDS .

IT GETS 24mpg ON LEVEL GROUND IF YOU KEEP IT UNDER 70 .
YOU DO NOT GET THE FEELING THAT IS IS UNDERPOWERED .

IF THERE IS A PROBLEM , THE COMPUTER WILL SHUT DOWN THE TURBO
AND PUT IT IN LIMP MODE . THE IDEA IS THAT YOU CAN MAKE IT HOME
WITHOUT DOING ANY EXPENSIVE DAMAGE .

WHILE IN LIMP MODE , IT CAN MAKE IT UP TO HIGHWAY SPEED BUT IT's A REAL SLUG .
THE FUEL EFFICIENCY DROPS OFF SHARPLY WITHOUT THE TURBO .

DIESELS USE MECHANICAL FUEL INJECTION & LOVE FORCED INDUCTION .
PERHAPS A BETTER QUESTION IS WHY WOULD A TURBO HURT YOUR MPG ?

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gen 2: Vertical Double-decker Wedge design, permitting (optionally), 2 rear passengers seated one over the other, or lots of extra storage space. Don't take this too seriously!

As far as my wish for Gen 2...... More Power AND More MPGs, while still under $10k. Perhaps also make the interior even more comfy.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait, let me add that to the list of aftermarket stuff ......... Furry gearshift knob ...... Matching curtains to hide the back ..... got it :thumb:
I like it ..... :becky:

Reactions: Ekh
Top Bottom