• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Feasible To Add An 'eco Vs Sport' Switch?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Like the idea of the of the multi-mode being aftermarket; I can possibly see them doing it factory in the future.
Even my Nitro has a little button that says Tow/Haul and it changes the shift points to hang longer in the lower gears, and it keeps the lockup unlocked.
I use it when I want to get away from a crowd at a light; once I get close to speed (45 to 50) I'll turn it off and watch the revs drop 1500 rpm.

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well since Paul said this thing is coming with a conservation tune, I figured there's more power to be had with the right tune. Hopefully they'll add something like this to the aftermarket. I will get it. I want the best MPG when I'm driving normally, but in certain situations, having the engine at its max power potential (even if it only adds 10-15hp) would still be better than nothing.

And the option to go back and forth on the fly is certainly better than being stuck with a turbo.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Being stuck with a turbo?".........If a car has a turbo, it is not mandatory for power all the time. It all depends on your big foot on the pedal.
Actually a turbo can help you in your mpg, once you learn to drive the car with a turbo.

Willie

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Being stuck with a turbo?".........If a car has a turbo, it is not mandatory for power all the time. It all depends on your big foot on the pedal.
Actually a turbo can help you in your mpg, once you learn to drive the car with a turbo.

Willie

Really? I had no idea. How does it help you get better MPG?

All I've ever heard is that once you hit boost, you're losing MPGs. I suppose if the tune is set to where boost doesn't kick in until 3200rpm or something, that would work, as long as you accelerate fairly slowly.

I wonder if the turbo will be an option to add right out of the gate when this thing debuts next year?

Top Bottom