• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exhaust System

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds like a very reasonable guess. And, I got the joke. question here... Catalytic converters are expensive and the Elio won't be "required" to have one. Do you think they'll put one on there anyway? Is there a way to do a catalytic converter/muffler combo?

What does Eastern Catalytic supply to Elio Motors?

Eastern Catalytic will be supplying Elio Motors the integrated exhaust manifold and catalytic converter, exhaust pipes and hangars, muffler, and tail pipe.
http://www.eliomotors.com/eastern-catalytic/

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That sounds like a very reasonable guess. And, I got the joke. question here... Catalytic converters are expensive and the Elio won't be "required" to have one. Do you think they'll put one on there anyway? Is there a way to do a catalytic converter/muffler combo?
Don't know, but I thought my GEO had one.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's one. (combo) Should not be a problem.:rolleyes:
catalytic%20converter_school%20bus_times-herald_5-12-09.jpg

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On this video the catalytic converter is the cone shaped object attached to the exhaust manifold easily visible starting about six seconds into the video.
Looks good. Can't believe they would put something on the motor not mandated that would knock down the MPG rating. Plus, with it being part of the exhaust manifold, it will be hard to replace or remove.

The word combo on most searches come up "in combination with a muffler" not all in one.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good. Can't believe they would put something on the motor not mandated that would knock down the MPG rating. Plus, with it being part of the exhaust manifold, it will be hard to replace or remove.

The word combo on most searches come up "in combination with a muffler" not all in one.

I would bet it is not really one unit but instead just bolted directly to the exhaust manifold and installed on the car as one unit. My Honda Civic is set up that way.

Modern catalytic converters flow very well and the drivetrains are designed with them in mind so they don't affect mpg nearly as much as they once did.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom