• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Engine Cost?

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think "BooBoo" may be talking about the Fumoto Valve.
The G1's have had engine oil drain plugs stripped by "overtorqueing."
Thank You big W.
Yes, but I like the ones that can't be opened with mischievous fingers. I had one that used an allen wrench, and I found this that looks Elio cool.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank You big W.
Yes, but I like the ones that can't be opened with mischievous fingers. I had one that used an allen wrench, and I found this that looks Elio cool.

Fram makes (or made) something similar. I have used them on several vehicles and LOVE them!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Changing the oil in my Nitro isn't the problem; it's changing the oil filter; it's impossible to get to.
I'm thinking about getting a separate mount oil filter and do the same on the Elio.

Something like this: http://www.autozone.com/external-en...mount-kit-perf/153850_404956_0/?checkfit=true

Here I go again. $70 kit = 3 $23.33 oil changes at 6000 miles each = 18,000 Miles. I drive my vehicles about 12k per year. So, I will pay for my oil changes at the local garage and not try to bend my aging body around a small engine. I am going to save enough money to pay for the oil changes.:D

Top Bottom