• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Price Discussion, $6800?

Joe Coppinger

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I BLAME US.. !! I'm sure Elio cruises the forums and listens to all the ideas & plans... Then comes the term marketing, it's not about the initial cost it's about Americans like to be different and that's where the starting price...

Sort of like a Harley, people pay money and then accessorize it like a 14yr girl in the mall with a credit card.. (my daughters broke my wallet a lot)

My next question - I need to start another thread...

Dooltd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have tracked every word of this car, it has never been mentioned as a base price or a starting price, always presented as the car's final price and a list of what is included. To me it means the marketing side has communicated with the developing side and more op-tions will be available or they have to alter the price points and NOT include all the options they originally stated. Hope that is not the case.

I'm thinking you're a "Glass half empty" kinda guy.

I'm sure we will get all the standard features that have been advertised since the beginning.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have tracked every word of this car, it has never been mentioned as a base price or a starting price, always presented as the car's final price and a list of what is included. To me it means the marketing side has communicated with the developing side and more op-tions will be available or they have to alter the price points and NOT include all the options they originally stated. Hope that is not the case.

I posted this article on August 18th notice it says starting price ......

http://elioowners.com/threads/another-article-on-yahoo-news.2640/
(post #3)

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a snippet from an OLD article on gadget review .......

The main reason the Elio might just take off is the fact that it’s surprisingly cheap. It’s light and uses fewer materials than even subcompact cars, bringing it in at a sticker price of just $6800. And as it gets 84 miles to the gallon

"Sticker price" to me still means "Starting price"

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Every vehicle has a "starting price", then you add options. Elios plans are to offer a standard vehicle with few factory options available. However, before taking delivery you may add many options offered by partner / suppliers that will be installed right there at the Elio "dealership" This of course won't be until all the reserved Elios are delivered to us first.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the latest email I received "This Stop - Los Angeles!" for the first time (that I have seen), the words to describe the Elio say "The Elio’s affordable starting price of $6,800 ".. Fist time I have seen published the term "starting price"...
The promotional material I was given in Portland says - $6,800 Price Tag includes AC, power windows/lock, am/fm stereo and a 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty. In other words the starting or base price and others things are options you can purchase. Thankfully each option will be priced and sold individually. No packages. :) Z

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've always read it as the starting price, but including some very nice features included! AC, AM/FM radio, Manuel Transmission, Power windows, etc.
They've also hinted at optional features, some stated outright in fact! No secrets, no misleading information that I've seen!
I think the "options" are what prevent us from ordering now exactly what we want right now! I could be wrong of course..

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The promotional material I was given in Portland says - $6,800 Price Tag includes AC, power windows/lock, am/fm stereo and a 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty. In other words the starting or base price and others things are options you can purchase. Thankfully each option will be priced and sold individually. No packages. :) Z
Even if it says "starting price" I don't see anything insidious about that. The starting price is for what they have promised all along. After that, it is what we promised ourselves all along! And yes! I am glad they aren't doing "packages" about the only thing extra I may put on is cruise control. A package might have the following: CC, alloy wheels, low profile tires and hi performance slotted front disk brakes. All I might want is the cruise control! A la carte is the way to go.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only change I am aware of from the promotional material I read in January is at that time, auto trans was part of it. Since then they canceled the original auto trans choice and stated somewhere - it was so long ago I can't remember where, the auto would be additional. I was disappointed but never considered it a deal breaker. :) Z

Top Bottom