• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio On Fox News

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait, did you guys really expect Faux News to take something good and beneficial to the people serious? Thought enough people knew by now just how bought and biased that propaganda source is. I am actually surprised it went as well as it did. I was expecting them to challenge him, the company, the vehicle, to bring up much of the online negative postings going on, and just in general be their normal jerks about something like the Elio. Faux News loves to try and downplay or outright denounce things that could be good for the common folk. So since they only made light of it and seemed a bit rushed and whimsical about, yet didn't actually make one negative comment about it, I see this as a massive win for Elio.
What would you suggest? MSNBC? CNN maybe? They're definitely not biased (sarcasm). They went on FOX because they have a larger audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What would you suggest? MSNBC? CNN maybe? They're definitely not biased (sarcasm). They went on FOX because they have a larger audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I say the others don't have issues? Nope, don't see that in my post. But I will say that Faux News makes the rest look like Boyscouts in comparison.

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Did I say the others don't have issues? Nope, don't see that in my post. But I will say that Faux News makes the rest look like Boyscouts in comparison.
I'd have to say MSNBC has them beat in spades, but lets try and keep politics out of this.

The little 2 minute video you guys are talking about I thought was fine. I saw a different one from Fox Business a few days ago that I thought did not do them any favors. They kept rolling clips of an old 3 wheeled design rolling over during the interview again and again, and the announcer even stated "two wheels in back and two in the front is much more stable". It just didn't seem to be positive at all. If I was Paul I'd not have been happy.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3028595209001/3-wheeling-cars/#sp=show-clips

Last edited:

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you saw the 2 minute blurp on the Elio on F&F. I wonder, did anyone else feel like I did about that?? Here's how I felt.....Pissed!! Man that segment was only 2 minutes long and they rushed every question and answer Paul gave them. And then they drove off acting like it was a joke. I personally do not think that that little blurp helped Elio at all! Maybe I'm just too critical because I have such a high interest in the success of this endeavour, but I thought they should have done their little outdoor segment with the motorcycle THEN had Paul inside the studio talking about it! In a relaxed, NON-rushed environment. I guess I had high hopes (or highER hopes) that it would have been better. I really think that if the word could get out, the reservations would take off! F&F showed that kid doing a failed backflip more than they showed the Elio segment. Ok, I'm done! I apologize for complaining.
But please let me know if you felt similar. Maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old man!
Fox? & Friends? Other than our friend Paul, there seemed to be a lack of both on that tiny segment. But I guess any exposure is better than none.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had high hopes for the news segment, but was very disappointed. you weren't even told on how to get further info on one, if your new to hearing about it.
I recorded it. In the full segment, not just the one posted, they did send it back to the studio where the other host gave out the company website if anyone wanted more information. But, I too am disappointed that it wasn't longer and was rushed. Selfishly, I missed seeing the P4 on sunday here in Dallas (had to settle for the P3) because they had to get the P4 up to New York for that segment. lol

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'd have to say MSNBC has them beat in spades, but lets try and keep politics out of this.

The little 2 minute video you guys are talking about I thought was fine. I saw a different one from Fox Business a few days ago that I thought did not do them any favors. They kept rolling clips of an old 3 wheeled design rolling over during the interview again and again, and the announcer even stated "two wheels in back and two in the front is much more stable". It just didn't seem to be positive at all. If I was Paul I'd not have been happy.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3028595209001/3-wheeling-cars/#sp=show-clips
Faux has been caught in more misleading reports, false reports, outright lies, and retractions than all mainstream news medias combined. That's not a statement of politics, just a statement of fact. You can make it political if you want, but facts are facts and I am stating what numerous sources from around the world have found through fact checking reports coming from each of the major medias.

As for your video from Faux Business. It almost felt like a bad cop good cop reporting. They gave a little info or praise and then would try to show something negative and link it to Elio. On one hand the publicity and exposure from that one is good. However, I'm not sure the proper message was put forth with the back and forth reporting on that one. It could very well generate some of both believers and nay-sayers.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fox? & Friends? Other than our friend Paul, there seemed to be a lack of both on that tiny segment. But I guess any exposure is better than none.
I agree. I've since calmed down and accepted that whatever exposure ELIO can get no matter how brief is a plus at this point. Plus that announcement about partnering with Pep Boys only means that the wheels are still moving forward for EM! Now let me give our local PepBoys a visit and find out if they hear or know anything about this partnership.;)

Top Bottom