• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Complaints On Fb

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes I've tried to have a conversation with Kathy Vincent, she is quite angry and a bit grandiose in my opinion. She never articulated to me a negative personal experience with Elio, but did write that she was acting on behalf of 100's of senior citizens, and disabled veterans, and 1000's of others who had been taken advantage of by Elio. She had posted prolifically on Elio's You Tube page after the last video, about how and why people should do charge backs on their credit cards for their reservations, that Elio Motors is a scam, etc, etc. At one point she was claiming a number of people, including myself worked for Elio (if only I had access to the P3...), I think I was able to satisfy her I did not since she stopped saying that. I did let her know I thought the way she was promoting herself and concerns about Elio were disingenuous and in the end would probably be more problematic for her than Elio.
Attaboy.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There would appear to be a case for libel - were there any point to the postings. Thus far they just seem to be non-specific rants and accusations. That's getting close to a libelous situation, and if it were doing any significant damage to the EM brand, should receive attention from the EM legal department. Right now, ignoring the posts and not giving them any credibility would seem to be the best approach.

From the looks of his/her FB posts, "Kathy Vincent" is a rather disturbed individual. It doesn't look like bullying so much as a horribly twisted mindset bordering on monomania. These FB pages don't offer any kind of evidence for their claims, only accusations and threats. Can you imagine what it would be like to have THAT kind of process running around in your mind? Somehow he/she gets a perverted pleasure going off on people she doesn't know for purposes she doesn't even understand. "Kathy Vincent" must be a truly miserable person deep down - and more deserving of our pity than anger. :(
Defamation is likelier grounds for suit than libel. In defamation, you only have to prove the intent do harm a person's reputation, and that publication was made for that purpose. But you also have to find out who he is, where he lives, retain counsel, and all that stuff. Probably best not to pursue it. Being threatened ... now that you should probably follow up. since you asked, of course! :)

Top Bottom