• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Complaints On Fb

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For any of you that are on Facebook, thee is now a FB group calling itself "Elio Motors Complaints". I was spammed by them this morning by someone calling themselves Kathy Vincent, posting the "Complaints" page as a comment on a review I had up on a business that I do business with through work. There are other posters on this page calling themselves Neil Hartan and Carl Zajac, no idea if these are real people or aliases.

Just wanted to give a heads up to others on this board about watching your FB stream... o_O

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For any of you that are on Facebook, thee is now a FB group calling itself "Elio Motors Complaints". I was spammed by them this morning by someone calling themselves Kathy Vincent, posting the "Complaints" page as a comment on a review I had up on a business that I do business with through work. There are other posters on this page calling themselves Neil Hartan and Carl Zajac, no idea if these are real people or aliases.

Just wanted to give a heads up to others on this board about watching your FB stream... o_O
Yup and this one. Though they might be related.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elio-Truth-Seekers-Doubters/847171322008466
I'm familiar with some of the language by the poster, very similar to a Kathy Vincent, who I've tried to have a conversation with. She's a pretty angry person some of her anxieties seem sincere, though she also claims to be speaking for "1000's" of others.

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they really have skin in the game and a reservation, then they should want Elio to succeed, and posting a bunch of speculative doubt and complaints all over the place just serves to undermine that which they claim to want. It makes no sense...

I would really love to know where trolls like this come from.

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jim,
What it amounted to is they posted a link to this group as a reply to a review that I had put up for a business that I deal with extensively at work. The "reply" was a link to this (Elio Motors Complaints) group, which was apropos of nothing there. o_O

John,
I'll look into the other one you mention. Just wanted to give a heads up for folks here to watch their notifications. ;)
Tom

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Saying good things about Elio will not get you a Elio in your garage. It depends on leadership and funding that Elio is short on right now.
As for trolls, everyone is a troll one time or another to someone else that doesn't agree.

Yeah, but this is taking it to a whole new level. At this point they are now an entity actively fighting Elio, and possibly dragging down sales and funding... They are not helping out anyone with a reservation.

Category: Concern Trolls
tumblr_inline_n0gizpmDbv1r5ha6k.jpg

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they really have skin in the game and a reservation, then they should want Elio to succeed, and posting a bunch of speculative doubt and complaints all over the place just serves to undermine that which they claim to want. It makes no sense...

I would really love to know where trolls like this come from.
I actually just presented a paper with an old friend on a related topic at the ATIA conference on the 30th, that might help explain why. Though our topic didn't address the specific phenomena I think might be happening, I did address it, that is, one of the effects social media has, is not as much bringing people of different view points together, but in congregating people with similar perspectives. This is one of the reasons in behavioral health social media is often looked at as a mixed bag. We know that people who want to move forward in their recovery can find a lot of support on line, however the opposite is also true, people who are already mistrusting or depressed can easily find others as mistrusting and depressed who can reinforce each others perceptions. More seriously, people who might be suicidal can connect very easily with others who share that interest and find encouragement in actually attempting.

That was my long winded way of saying positive people seek other positive people out, just as negative people seek negative people out, and neither may be any closer to an objective truth than the other. Though personally, I prefer to go to bed with positive thoughts, though my wife and dogs like to jump in too. :)

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I actually just presented a paper with an old friend on a related topic at the ATIA conference on the 30th, that might help explain why. Though our topic didn't address the specific phenomena I think might be happening, I did address it, that is, one of the effects social media has, is not as much bringing people of different view points together, but in congregating people with similar perspectives. This is one of the reasons in behavioral health social media is often looked at as a mixed bag. We know that people who want to move forward in their recovery can find a lot of support on line, however the opposite is also true, people who are already mistrusting or depressed can easily find others as mistrusting and depressed who can reinforce each others perceptions. More seriously, people who might be suicidal can connect very easily with others who share that interest and find encouragement in actually attempting.

That was my long winded way of saying positive people seek other positive people out, just as negative people seek negative people out, and neither may be any closer to an objective truth than the other. Though personally, I prefer to go to bed with positive thoughts, though my wife and dogs like to jump in too. :)

Absolutely. I've been tooling around on the Internet since 1989, when it was barely even called "the Internet". Your observation that "one of the effects social media has, is not as much bringing people of different view points together, but in congregating people with similar perspectives" is right on the money. While we think of social media these days as the Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat/etc conglomeration, the Internet in general has been a place to seek out similar interests since day one. Remember Netnews? It's still there, but I remember specialized newsgroups like "alt.sexy.bald.captains" and other similarly specific groups. Pre-Internet, if you had an odd affinity towards something, you were something of an outcast, but if you can find a group of even just a few like-minded folks in the world who share your perversi...er...uhm... affinity, then suddenly you're fine.

The Internet, just like alcohol, fattening foods, and cable news, should be taken in moderation. ;)

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I have run into Kathy Vincent posting negative comments on a lot of news stories.
Took a look at her face book and she is following a lot of Elio stuff.

Top Bottom