• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio In Vegas - C E S 2015

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the video. I noticed Vergecast said it will ship in 2016 at 0:46 - 0:48 then again at 1:35 - 1:40. A mistake or slip? I think a mistake.o_O

2 Quotes: "When it comes out in 2016" & "The company tells us it's going to ship in 2016"..... :)

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the video. I noticed Vergecast said it will ship in 2016 at 0:46 - 0:48 then again at 1:35 - 1:40. A mistake or slip? I think a mistake.o_O
2016 would be accurate to anyone watching the video who wanted to purchase an Elio at a dealer. Reservation holders will receive all first year vehicles produced, so if you were viewing a commercial, you would have to wait.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to be get a confirmation from EM on this however what I have heard from someone at CES is that EM has some marketing information which lists the model year or retail availability as 2016 (they did not remember which but member 2016). However as we all know the model year or retail sale does not necessarily tell you when a vehicle is rolling off the assembly line and in this case reservation holders will be receiving vehicles before retail availability.

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am trying to be get a confirmation from EM on this however what I have heard from someone at CES is that EM has some marketing information which lists the model year or retail availability as 2016 (they did not remember which but member 2016). However as we all know the model year or retail sale does not necessarily tell you when a vehicle is rolling off the assembly line.
Knowing that 37,000 people are watching and listening very closely,you would thing that they'd (EM) be more careful about anything that would cause confusion and hysteria.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Knowing that 37,000 people are watching and listening very closely,you would thing that they'd (EM) be more careful about anything that would cause confusion and hysteria.

The problem is that all this is filtered through people so it is hard to predict what is going to work and what is not. We have all written things that we thought were clear and then had them be misinterpreted later on and I believe that is all we are seeing in this case. I am sure the marketing information has the date properly labeled but obviously what some people are noticing or remembering is the year and not what the information is telling them about that year.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
eliosrvy.jpg

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is such a silly poll.
"Let's see, if you could have a phone or a car, which one would you like?"
Oh, and the car has 37,000 people already financially and emotionally invested in it and are all voting, whereas this washer has never been seen before.

I get that the publicity can be big for Elio, but I would be shocked if there were really any other result than what we're seeing.

Top Bottom