• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio In Vegas - C E S 2015

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It just makes it easier for a thief to see the $500+ ipad, get their picture taken as they break your window, then grab it and run!:mad:

I wonder if this is the configuration for the Infinite Skyz? I thought it would be mounted in the dash. If this is the setup, I then would have to dismount the ipad and take it with me or hide it each time I parked the Elio to go in a store as a precaution. I'm not sure I like this setup.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It just makes it easier for a thief to see the $500+ ipad, get their picture taken as they break your window, then grab it and run!:mad:

I wonder if this is the configuration for the Infinite Skyz? I thought it would be mounted in the dash. If this is the setup, I then would have to dismount the ipad and take it with me or hide it each time I parked the Elio to go in a store as a precaution. I'm not sure I like this setup.
That is the plan. I think it would have shown better if they used a smaller phone instead of a tablet.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a cooling/heating vent behind the tablet and a control lever for something. I guess the vent could be closed. I could see my hand hitting the mount/tablet multiple times while driving. I feel a smaller version like a mini ipad would be better and less of a distraction to the driver. Do ipads have an auto dim function?

I was told it is a mini ipad! I'm not sold on it yet.

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a cooling/heating vent behind the tablet and a control lever for something. I guess the vent could be closed. I could see my hand hitting the mount/tablet multiple times while driving. I feel a smaller version like a mini ipad would be better and less of a distraction to the driver. Do ipads have an auto dim function?
That was an iPad mini in the picture.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
interesting pics .... I think I'm going to have to see the IPad on the dash for me to make a decision .... I did note the last sentence in the linked article above : "Elio Motors is currently accepting reservations for the $6,800 Elio on its website. The automaker expects the vehicle will hit the roads in the US mid-2015."

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
interesting pics .... I think I'm going to have to see the IPad on the dash for me to make a decision .... I did note the last sentence in the linked article above : "Elio Motors is currently accepting reservations for the $6,800 Elio on its website. The automaker expects the vehicle will hit the roads in the US mid-2015."
I would have preferred they leave the existing dash, as is, and put an Elgin look to the Skyz display. Everyone wins. Paul honors his father, and those that don't care for the look save $1500-$2000 plus the cost of the iPad.

Top Bottom