• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I noticed they did not talk about the most unique items of the dash. The "you know what".

Smart move on their part.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The second and third pictures told me a lot.
I now have an idea how much room I actually have to work with in the gauge area.
And what's around it; plus access points.

In the third picture, the dash is upside down and he's working from the firewall side.

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I now have an idea how much room I actually have to work with in the gauge area.

In the third picture, the dash is upside down and he's working from the firewall side.
Worried or encouraged?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Worried or encouraged?
Never worried, just informational; it showed me what to expect and to a degree, how to take things apart.
Since the top of the area is a solid piece to the dash, that rules out taking the dash pad off to get to it (in some vehicles you can do it that way).
And that the entire cluster area is sitting in a "box".
The dash's in each vehicle are different; that's one of the reasons so many back away from doing work on dashboards.
If you go to car shows, look at the dashboards in the cars; I think you'll find more often than not that the dash is stock; it may have different gauges, and top coverings; but the shape of it is pretty much the same shape it came from the factory with.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score

So when will I see the CossDashboardSolutions.com website?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
So when will I see the CossDashboardSolutions.com website?
You won't; my custom stuff is not intended for the masses.
My custom work is very personalized and only sold to those that know about it.
So it's a matter of word of mouth, and "happened across this" or "someone told me that ......."
It always has been.
When I was doing the surveillance vehicles, I never advertised, but I had a 2 year waiting list.
I would only build 4 to 6 a year; it was my suppliers and past clients that did all the advertising I needed.
I opened my shop in 1983 and it's been in operation ever since.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It says:
"steering column (the column adjusting lever is visible on top)"
This is in the paragraph starting: "When you really want to see the complexity..."

So I guess it has tilt steering column?
I agree with your assessment. It looks like this model has tilt steering. How common are vehicles without tilt steering? It may be that the only way to get a steering column is to get one with tilt. Elio is purchasing off the shelf where possible for the Elio. Have you noticed that they italicize the Elio every time it's written now? I would also bet that the name for the Elio will be the Elio and they will come up with some snarky way of having it make sense why that is the only name possible. "When searching for a name for our affordable, 84MPG, safety centered, vehicle, no name spoke to those qualities more than the driving force behind the vehicle set to change the automotive industry for all time. Elio Motors proudly presents the Elio! Loyal customers with reservations will be contacted starting next week for delivery of the Elio - The car for tomorrow, today."

Top Bottom