• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Distribution And Direct Sales

Edward43

Elio Addict
Union money and the kick back from the American Auto Dealers all go into supporting the reelection campaigns of the the protection promising government officials. We got them here too in OHIO. But, we've managed to get a few good apples in. Pray we get a few more and able to keep the few we have Tuesday.
This is why we don't have 400 good independent auto cos. providing ideas and solutions, untarnished by regulations, and politics any more.

zelio

Elio Addict
To sum up, there are three types of support facilities for the plant in Shreveport:

- Anticipated are about a dozen facilities that receive the 14 base car types from the plant. Their responsibility is to add options on the car to your specifications, after having received an order. The timetable for the building of these has not been announced.

- Anticipated are Retail Centers in the 60 major U.S. markets. Their sole function is to answer questions, be a showroom for vehicles and options, place orders, and receive completed vehicles for delivery. No technicians doing installations or warranty claims. The timetable for the building of these has not been announced.

- 800 Pep Boys facilities to perform warranty claims. To date, no information that factory options can be ordered or installed here.

There seems to be confusion regarding the defined roles for each of these.

The level of support for direct pickup in Shreveport has yet to be announced.
Actually, considering production is one year away, I think you have defined them very well for now. We will get more information once more information is available. Just think how different it is getting this information compared to the usual way of doing business, i.e. a building is going up. No one knows what it is for. Then a few weeks (maybe months) prior to opening, a potential business is listed. They open. That's it, unless you are on the community building committee and have to make decisions about what kind of business goes in each location. We actually know quite a lot if you compare the two methods. Thanks for clarifying it for us, HHH. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Actually, I noted in a previous thread that there have been 2600 documented American car companies over the years
Are you serious? That is unbelievable. Those are actually 2600 independent companies or branches of some of the current big boys? :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Dusty, Dusty, Dusty, We are fine politically speaking as I am an independent thinker and loathe politics, but do appreciate the role good government plays in our daily lives. Also, the role they are playing in support of EM. I hope politics doesn't screw it up. Did I mention that I loathe politics?

Tesla is building cars so they are part of the auto industry. Tesla Motors provides over 3000 jobs. The aversion to Tesla isn't the Auto Worker's Unions, but rather the Car Dealer's Association of America trying to pass legislation in both red and blue states because they don't like the Tesla's direct to consumer sales model.

Auto union workers are no more anti Tesla than they are anti Elio.

Yea buddy, you mentioned that you loathe politics, you're just obsessed with it. ;)

HHH

Elio Addict
Are you serious? That is unbelievable. Those are actually 2600 independent companies or branches of some of the current big boys? :) Z
I misspoke. There have been 2600 car makes sold in the U. S. So these would be, in some cases, brand divisions acquired from earlier start-ups. Below is the reference, photographed at the Canton Classic Car Museum in Canton, Ohio. It is interesting to note that in the subheading is a reference to "The Greats That Still Survive After 40 Years or More." Included in this group are Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Plymouth.

It is quite sobering when you realize how many dreamers were able to create a car company and then not remain. I believe the latest in this long list was Fisker. If you copy the picture and enlarge it, the names and dates are visible.
2600 car makes.JPG

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member