• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Distribution And Direct Sales

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A collector? An enthusiast?
Then maybe you'd be interesting in buying my two his and hers motorized bicycles. They are even street legal and require no special licensing. LOL

But then I forget that you are right smack in the middle of that notorious "beltway" from hell.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then maybe you'd be interesting in buying my two his and hers motorized bicycles. They are even street legal and require no special licensing. LOL
I am neither a collector nor an enthusiast. I was just pointing out who may be interested. I don't know for sure, but I bet you could wander through Jay Leno's garage and find a vehicle or two that are not street legal.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am neither a collector nor an enthusiast. I was just pointing out who may be interested. I don't know for sure, but I bet you could wander through Jay Leno's garage and find a vehicle or two that are not street legal.
Thanks for the recommendation. I never thought to call Jay Leno about those bikes. LOL

There's a micro picture of them on my Avatar.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who would buy it if it was not street legal? Holographic-LED headlights on those sponsons is the answer because they are not subject to the extreme jolting and vibration going on out there.

But then I forget that you are right smack in the middle of that notorious "beltway" from hell.

I fully agree that I95 in Northern Va. is as bad as it gets for traffic. At least and Elio can use the HOV lanes. That road has been bad since the 70's.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I fully agree that I95 in Northern Va. is as bad as it gets for traffic. At least and Elio can use the HOV lanes. That road has been bad since the 70's.

True. Apparently they are about to open some new lanes down there. Toll if under three people and HOV if 2 or more. Something like that. Thankfully, I'm West of the beltway, so 66 is my nemesis not 95.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think that if the vehicle was not legal too drive over there, like headlights to narrow for instance, then it may be illegal to sell and/or purchase. I always thought that trying to buy a car overseas and import it through all the customs and legal hurdles was problematic to say the least. Again, my opinion, not based on any experience.
Having lived in a 3rd world/developing country, legality is shall we say, open to interpretation. So for that sort of situation I would sell. Actually, for pretty much any sale to someone wanting to take it back to their country, I would sell. It no longer is my responsiblitiy but theirs. And their headache too. Americans seem to be pretty notorious about that. They see a car they love overseas, buy it, bring it home and it stays in the garage or where ever due to lack of parts or legality here. It's when the brain gets shunted to a siding when someone (ok, when a guy) sees a car and has to have regardless of cost and problems associated with it. I'm guilty of it, only once, but I did it. I thought I was handier with mechanical things than I was and thought I had more money to fix it than I actually had!!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having lived in a 3rd world/developing country, legality is shall we say, open to interpretation. So for that sort of situation I would sell. Actually, for pretty much any sale to someone wanting to take it back to their country, I would sell. It no longer is my responsiblitiy but theirs. And their headache too. Americans seem to be pretty notorious about that. They see a car they love overseas, buy it, bring it home and it stays in the garage or where ever due to lack of parts or legality here. It's when the brain gets shunted to a siding when someone (ok, when a guy) sees a car and has to have regardless of cost and problems associated with it. I'm guilty of it, only once, but I did it. I thought I was handier with mechanical things than I was and thought I had more money to fix it than I actually had!!

This is the perfect example that most men wont admit. They are so stupid as to get the Female gender confused and convoluted with their love affair with cars boats and planes. That's precisely why commercials mix the two. ROTFALMAO. OH!!!!!!!!!! I feel so dirty now that I've been exposed. If we buy a car that is not legal is that called prostitution?

Top Bottom