• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1a Prototype Offers False Hope Of No Eglin Instrument Cluster!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Triangles, a request: can you change the name of this thread to "E1a Prototype Does Not Mean That the Elgin Instrument Cluster is Going Away"... when a person looks at the current thread title, it states something that isn't true. It's just a request. Thanks! :madgrin: :attention:

Coss

Staff member
Triangles, a request: can you change the name of this thread to "E1a Prototype Does Not Mean That the Elgin Instrument Cluster is Going Away"... when a person looks at the current thread title, it states something that isn't true. It's just a request. Thanks! :madgrin: :attention:
Very true; here is the proof from Elio Motors
Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jun 30, 19:00 EDT

Hello Coss!
Thanks for checking in.
Great eye! The dash you see is a placeholder, as this is not a public vehicle and will be used for testing. However, the electronics and spacing are the same. At this stage, there are no plans to offer an optional dash.
Thanks again!

Best,
The Elio Team

Coss

Staff member
Is that bottom one a '65 Mustang dash?
And a Falcon, and an Econoline Van, and the Fairlane, and I think a couple of others; shared part.
Plus the Mustang was nothing more than a Falcon with different sheet metal in 64 1/2 & 65

Ty

Elio Addict
And a Falcon, and an Econoline Van, and the Fairlane, and I think a couple of others; shared part.
Plus the Mustang was nothing more than a Falcon with different sheet metal in 64 1/2 & 65
There was a lot more of a change than that... I've had a 1960 Falcon AND 1965 Mustang. Of course, there were changes to the Falcon between 1960 and 1964. They still make the Falcon, BTW... The engine bay is at least big enough to house a 302 in the Falcon. My 351 in the Mustang meant I couldn't use a ratchet to remove spark plugs because they were so close to the fender wells. But, both cars could handle the V-8s. I sold the Falcon before having a chance to swap the drums over to disc brakes which it REALLY needed. All go and no stop results in no fun.

Coss

Staff member
There was a lot more of a change than that... I've had a 1960 Falcon AND 1965 Mustang. Of course, there were changes to the Falcon between 1960 and 1964. They still make the Falcon, BTW... The engine bay is at least big enough to house a 302 in the Falcon. My 351 in the Mustang meant I couldn't use a ratchet to remove spark plugs because they were so close to the fender wells. But, both cars could handle the V-8s. I sold the Falcon before having a chance to swap the drums over to disc brakes which it REALLY needed. All go and no stop results in no fun.
Yup, I know very well about changing plugs in the fords with V-8's; easiest way to do it was to cut a hole through the wheel well and they would be right in front of you (yes, you did have to have it on a lift with the front tires taken off). I did a few of them in my time as a wrench bender (mechanic)