• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1a Prototype Offers False Hope Of No Eglin Instrument Cluster!

Triangles

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG_0069-610x458.jpg

I noticed the gauges in the E1A while reading the Truth about Cars article about the E1A press event. So there is hope we won't have to suffer with the aweful Eglin gauges!!!! WOO HOO!!!

UPDATE: sadly I stand corrected that these are not the final gauges... :(

Last edited:

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lol

Actually I have declined any vehicle that does not have a Tachometer.

I prefer a vehicle with a charging gauge.

I hate idiot lights.

I believe most manufacturers do offer different gauge clusters. Basic Model clusters lack most of the gauges that sport or higher end models offer.

Last edited:

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately most gauges on cars now are fake anyway. Dealers/manufacturers got tired of explaining that pressure and temperature gauges are supposed to move during the ordinary course of driving a car, so they set the gauges up so they don't move until things go very bad. Notice how they don't have actual numeric markings? They are nothing but glorified idiot lights to sucker people into thinking they are getting "sporty".

For example, the coolant temperature gauges are heavily compressed. The will get to the middle at about 180°
and stay there until 230°-240°. For most cars, by the time the gauge shows "hot", damage is already being done. Useless.

On some newer cars, the gauges are really fraudulent. The oil pressure gauge on the RX-8 is a total fraud. The vehicle doesn't even have an oil pressure sensor! Fortunately the Mazda Rotary engine has an extremely reliable oiling system.

This is why track junkies always add real gauges to vehicles.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
wags finger at Triangles...

did you NOT read where they said the gauges were placeholders ?

I think one to three clusters should be destroyed in testing to see how they react.

Placeholder the rest or even just go blanks on the cars that are going to get smashed up bad.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately most gauges on cars now are fake anyway. Dealers/manufacturers got tired of explaining that pressure and temperature gauges are supposed to move during the ordinary course of driving a car, so they set the gauges up so they don't move until things go very bad. Notice how they don't have actual numeric markings? They are nothing but glorified idiot lights to sucker people into thinking they are getting "sporty".

For example, the coolant temperature gauges are heavily compressed. The will get to the middle at about 180°
and stay there until 230°-240°. For most cars, by the time the gauge shows "hot", damage is already being done. Useless.

On some newer cars, the gauges are really fraudulent. The oil pressure gauge on the RX-8 is a total fraud. The vehicle doesn't even have an oil pressure sensor! Fortunately the Mazda Rotary engine has an extremely reliable oiling system.

This is why track junkies always add real gauges to vehicles.

least you have working ones...my cluster the only thing that works is the temperature gauge :p

Top Bottom