• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Driving Your Elio

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You ride in the middle of the lane? Fall down very often?
The center lane always has a number of unfavorable items in it (oil for one).
I always ride in either the right or left track of a road; one other reason for that is that I'm used to riding side by side with the group I'm with.
You have to be able to trust the rider next to you without question to be able to do this for miles and miles.
I have been riding since 1971 and I ride in the left track most of the time. And when I rarely ride in a group we ride staggered formation never side by side.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If I ride solo, I'll ride left lane through town; right lane country / away from city.
Left lane so I have room to escape driveways and idiots, right lane out of city to give space to lane drifters from the other direction.
It actually depends on traffic more than anything; I want to most room to avoid bad situations.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I ride solo, I'll ride left lane through town; right lane country / away from city.
Left lane so I have room to escape driveways and idiots, right lane out of city to give space to lane drifters from the other direction.
It actually depends on traffic more than anything; I want to most room to avoid bad situations.
That is what I do, I try to create as big a bubble around me as I can.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your Elio will probably have the effect of making us drive more like grown-ups than adolescents. There is a lot to be said for driving a small, lightweight, low-powered vehicle in terms of being able to drive at 9/10ths, extracting almost all of the performance baked into the little beast, than sliding a 600 hp behemoth around a curve, belching fire and tire smoke. The sensation is very similar, but probably won't even get you noticed by the police. ;)

Top Bottom