• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Driving Your Elio

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some reporters who test drove the elio commented they tended to place themselves in the left portion of the lane causing the elio's left tire to be hug the center line.

I am the opposite. I have ridden a motorcycle so much, I sometimes find I drive with myself in the middle of the lane causing the right tire to hug the right edge of the road.

With the elio, I will be back in the center where I should be.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Some reporters who test drove the elio commented they tended to place themselves in the left portion of the lane causing the elio's left tire to be hug the center line.

I am the opposite. I have ridden a motorcycle so much, I sometimes find I drive with myself in the middle of the lane causing the right tire to hug the right edge of the road.

With the elio, I will be back in the center where I should be.
You ride in the middle of the lane? Fall down very often?
The center lane always has a number of unfavorable items in it (oil for one).
I always ride in either the right or left track of a road; one other reason for that is that I'm used to riding side by side with the group I'm with.
You have to be able to trust the rider next to you without question to be able to do this for miles and miles.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You ride in the middle of the lane? Fall down very often?
The center lane always has a number of unfavorable items in it (oil for one).
I always ride in either the right or left track of a road; one other reason for that is that I'm used to riding side by side with the group I'm with.
You have to be able to trust the rider next to you without question to be able to do this for miles and miles.
The greasy strip down the middle of the lane is gone. They do not exist any more. I have checked it out many times.

Perhaps this is due to the road draft pipe being gone (except for my old chevys).

I agree with being able to trust the rider next to you in order to ride next to them.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The greasy strip down the middle of the lane is gone. They do not exist any more. I have checked it out many times.

Perhaps this is due to the road draft pipe being gone (except for my old chevys).

I agree with being able to trust the rider next to you in order to ride next to them.

Out of habit from my MSF training 20 years ago I still mainly ride in the left or right track, very very rarely in the center. I think it will not take long for most people to adjust.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been occasionally driving as if I were in an Elio. (putting myself in the center of the road) Highway only. I think the adjustment will come naturally once you're driving from the center of the vehicle. Just like driving an ATV. (4 wheeler)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been occasionally driving as if I were in an Elio. (putting myself in the center of the road) Highway only. I think the adjustment will come naturally once you're driving from the center of the vehicle. Just like driving an ATV. (4 wheeler)
".......I've been occasionally driving as if I were in an Elio......" was that after the stop at the corner watering hole? :very_drunk: (just kidding :becky:)

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will admit I am an aggressive driver, it's just in my genes. I have been pondering how it will be driving the Elio. Going to work recently I have been working on my attitude and practicing nonaggressive driving to get ready for my commune in an Elio. I realize with the 55hp I most likely won't be able to "gas it " around the driver ahead of me,the one that's got the line held up. Right now I'm working on a job that I have the joy of being able to take the back roads to work, so I'm taking advantage of it. I expect on the highway to stay in the right or maybe middle lane and trying to coax all the mpg out so I can brag to my friends. I'm thinking this reverse three wheeler is going to make me drive safer and pretty much close to the posted speed limit, which in turn, no speeding tickets, of which I have had none in 2 years, thankfully, plus I'll get a whole lot better gas mileage and all for $6,800.

Welcome to the world of sane driving. I'm that mileage nut you've been getting so upset at while getting 60MPG in a Prius.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
".......I've been occasionally driving as if I were in an Elio......" was that after the stop at the corner watering hole? :very_drunk: (just kidding :becky:)
In my younger days, yes. But now I don't do ANY drinking unless I'm home and in for the night. My drive home is 12 miles on a 2 lane highway; kinda boring, so its somethin' to do. :crazy: :car:

Top Bottom