• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Does The Elio *have* To Sell In High Volume To Succeed?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate the advice about assumptions and it's true that it is a little too much. I was just trying to understand Seth's perspective. He obviously has had the life experience and posted that he does understand why the Current Electrics will not work for those of us outside the Niche market.

Perhaps the matter is simply a problem of how we perceive the markets. The short drives which allow a range of 200 miles round trip or less are what I call a niche market and perhaps MY perspective is limited.

I consider the posters on here friends and I'd like to keep it that way, so please continue to inform me if I even approach doing or saying anything which might offend anyone.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If we're talking about electric and efficiency, and to what extent a Tesla-like Elio would be viable (or doubtful), here is an interesting picture:

tesla%2B%252B%2Belio%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Last edited:

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So basically, the author trashes both and offers no solution?

When Elio safety is questioned I often think of a former coworker. His wife was involved in a collision while driving a great big older car. He was quite religious and after he was done praising the lord and Detroit for keeping his wife safe I asked him about the details of the accident. Basically his wife collided head on with another car with the two cars making contact with about the outboard foot or so. He was really happy that his distrust of smaller cars had been validated. I pointed out that had she been driving a smaller car the accident would not have occurred. His car was totaled. Now an Ellio in a similar accident would lose a wheel as the poster above pointed out, but the passenger compartment would probably be unscathed. The Elio might be totaled as well but deducting the salvage value a brand new Elio would only cost a couple of thousand dollars and a nearly interminable wait.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I don't see where his opinion has any relevance.
He lives in a country with a population density almost as bad as New Jersey and a size a little bigger than Maryland.
Further, this thread is supposed to relate the sales level necessary to make the Elio target price reasonable, not the relative sizes of the Tesla S and the Elio.

Top Bottom