• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disapointed

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope, At my age I'm a lot more wiser and way more patience than when I was younger. I want the Elio as bad as anyone but I have owned many motorcycles and sold my last GW 3 wheeler last year. Too damn hot for me to want to ride anymore in the open and I don't have any wish to become a donor either. I will wait and see what will happen in the next few months. Elio has the right idea but not the financing.. That is why the push. I want to give it a bit more time and see the finished product specs. Last video I saw that it was a bitch to steer it as is and rode like a lumber wagon. Like I mentioned I'm all in but I know there have been delay after delay and I figure there will be many more. I do not trust the x car salesman Jerome no further than I could throw him. I have dealt with many car salesmen in my time and he is a slick one. All the things he has said and changed later is typical of car salesmen.
When the Autocycle become available I will own one if they ever make it. No worries!View attachment 2148

That man is a silver-tonqued gent' who tells everyone basically what they expect to hear.

I'm with you. I'm not a gambler. Well I did play $40 of slots in Reno once, but I sucked at it, so I'll just stick to purchasing a REAL vehicle when/if it ever arrives.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Wayne, what things has Jerome said that he changed later?
I frequent several forums and FB as well in my quest for information. Somewhere around 10 or 12 July Jerome was asked when the IAV engine would be up and running and was told "within the month" or "by the end of the month. On 19July was asked basically the same question and was told that the "within the month" answer was "misinterpreted" and although no firm date was available it would probably be by the end of the year or early next year.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I frequent several forums and FB as well in my quest for information. Somewhere around 10 or 12 July Jerome was asked when the IAV engine would be up and running and was told "within the month" or "by the end of the month. On 19July was asked basically the same question and was told that the "within the month" answer was "misinterpreted" and although no firm date was available it would probably be by the end of the year or early next year.

Thanks skygazer. Now that you mention it, I do remember reading that somewhere. I frequest Facebook posts too.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a CON to me. I see NONE in the Shreveport area or anything going on.
In that case, why are you here? Have you read everything about Elio? I suspect not. You are entitled to your opinion but you need to know this is an Elio forum and we are believers. I'm sure if you look hard enough you will find a forum more in step with your opinion. :-) Z

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score

stop-liking.jpg

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

There most likely will be nothing going on in Shreveport in Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec of 2014, and then in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May of 2015. We'll look forward to your monthly posts Wayne! :-) Just kidding, you are welcome to post what you like in a civil and appropriate manner. Even if most of us don't agree with your content.

It's ok if you think it's a con. We are all fine if you don't buy the vehicle.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just saying if they are to be built is Shreveport why isn't one available here to see, why has the production date keep being moved back.
Love to have have one and when only a few hundred were on deposit I almost bit the bullet but then the date kept being moved back.
They may sell a few for $6800.00 but if any of you know anything about cost that price will not stand long.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just saying if they are to be built is Shreveport why isn't one available here to see, why has the production date keep being moved back.
Love to have have one and when only a few hundred were on deposit I almost bit the bullet but then the date kept being moved back.
They may sell a few for $6800.00 but if any of you know anything about cost that price will not stand long.

One is not available to see in Shreveport because the prototypes are the only vehicle made, and because they are quite expensive to make, the P4 and P3 are on tour, even though the P3 has some changes to it that show on the P4. Even the P4 prototype on the tour doesn't have certain bells and whistles that function. Most of us that have not been in the car industry, don't have a clue how much goes into designing and making a car. I think a lot of us feel that someone gets an idea, they push a button, and out pops a new car. Or because a prototype is made, someone can work for a week on a plant and it's ready to crank out 500 a day, with trained employees, with all processes tested.

Production date hasn't moved since May. But it has changed several times because this is a startup company. Buzz has to be generated, and to get the buzz you have to have a date that's in this decade. You can't be quiet and say nothing, because there'd be no demand. You can't say that production will start in say Sept 2021, as no one will pay attention. Again, knowing why the date has changed may not make a person feel any better or trust EM any more, but there ya go.

Let's say the price doesn't stand long. Let's say that even though EM says safety/$6800/84pmg on highway, are their three main focuses, let's say that the price doesn't stay there. Even though EM says that there's plenty of profit margin in $6800, let's say by the time production starts, EM says the base price is $8200. Do you pass? How many new cars can you buy for $8200 base price? It's meant to be an inexpensive, safe, hi mpg, dependable vehicle. It won't pull a boat, it won't haul a step ladder, it won't haul a family of 4 or more, it won't go 0-60 in 6 secs. But a new car at $8200? When was the last time you could buy a new car for a base price of $8200?

Just trust your gut Wayne. If your gut says don't do it, can't afford the deposit of $100, something doesn't feel and taste right, it's ok. Don't put a deposit down until you're ready. If you want to wait until the 2nd year of production, that's fine too.

Top Bottom