• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disapointed

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really disappointed that Elio would push for the money before the final product with engine and all changes, tested, fuel mileage confirmed, transportation charges, transmission cost and type accessories confirmed ect. Now will we jump on the unfinished, untested product like sheep to "get a place in line" or at least wait till the real Elio comes to life. I've never bought a product that I have not read the specs, price, and at least seen the finished product. Show us the finished product Elio. We have shown you our faith in your product 25,000 times. Now it's your turn to show us what we are getting for our bucks with hard numbers including all the above mentioned facts and figures before you press us for more. Get the final figures and vehicle in front of us then ask us to keep the faith. Just sayin
I posted basically this same response in another thread.
I thinking this could serve as a canned response for a huge number of posts all over the forums.
Mabey I'll use it as my signature.

Yeah, well, EM responded to a question on facebook 19 hours ago.
The rep said that there are 25 people working in the company.
I have to presume that's excluding "silent" investors.
I realize there's a lot of work being farmed out and there's a lot of off-the-shelf parts involved.
However, I found that number to be incredible and encouraging.
To me it means two things.
They are not burning through money in excessive payroll at this time.
Those 25 people are probably working harder than they ever have in their lives.
It is amazing that a mere 25 individuals seem to be everywhere at once and do this much.
25 people (and us of course) against the world.
Hats off and salute! Amazing.

Last edited:

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't tell if you have invested the "all in" $100 $250 $1000 or not.
If you have, you knew the risk and should be at peace with it.
If you have not, then it's a tad arrogant to demand answers.
Might be for you but not for me. It's my right to think that we should be aware if the thing is gonna be completed and some answers that are not hearsay. You want more of my money you gotta give me more assurance that things are getting done with firm answers. It doesn't matter at what level anyone has invested. I believe you to be more than a tad arrogant to think you have a right to challenge what I think about the overall situation any more than I would challenge your thoughts , cause I don't give a rats a** what you think. just sayin

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are simply no specific answers on the hearsay cost or a hearsay vehicle to build until the hearsay engine is complete and dropped into the hearsay production prototype after the hearsay Aug/Sept build date. It's all hearsay......and I heard Elio say a 4th Quarter 2015 production schedule with a $6800 Base MSRP. Calm down................enjoy the ride and then after you receive delivery of your early adopter pre or late post production Elio............enjoy the ride.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Might as well sell that low performance luxury ultimate driving machine and use some of the cash to reserve the Elio. LOL The BMW is the best handling vehicle I have ever driven. However, the Elio will be more fun and affordable.

I bet it's much easier to import and register a motorcycle in the UK given a cars added safety requirements. It would be fun to own and drive the first Elio in the UK......would be a head turner. Good luck with your registration process as I think it will happen.

Yes fairly low performance...the BMW is limited to 156 mph.

My Liege is more fun to drive at low speed and can be used where BMWs cannot go. I just got back from a little pottering about in our Derbyshire Peak District. The roads were packed with tourists so where possible I took a few little tracks signposted "unsuitable for motor vehicles" which means it's legal but not advisable. Ten mph on these tracks is more entertaining than 100 mph in a BMW!

Having washed the car yesterday prior to fitting some new big end bearing shells, I completed the job this morning. So I needed to road test......the engine is better but five hours later the car is muddy again!

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But back to the Elio! If they offered a self assembly body chassis kit which required me to source and fit my own engine and transmission at a reasonable price, I'd buy one ASAP, provided the lighting complied with UK regulations (the front lighting layout on the present prototype probably won't, the earlier one would).

The price quoted for the entire car is reasonable for a self assembly package in UK!

The Suzuki Swift G10 engine fits, as we know, because they are in the prototypes. A donor car wouldn't add much to the cost in UK. I have two G10 engines already......... ;)

Last edited:

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But back to the Elio! If they offered a self assembly body chassis kit which required me to source and fit my own engine and transmission at a reasonable price, I'd buy one ASAP, provided the lighting complied with UK regulations (the front lighting layout on the present prototype probably won't, the earlier one would).

The price quoted for the entire car is reasonable for a self assembly package in UK!

The Suzuki Swift G10 engine fits, as we know, because they are in the prototypes. A donor car wouldn't add much to the cost in UK. I have two G10 engines already......... ;)

I am sure Elio's eventually will make it across the pond. If u want a rolling chassis maybe buy one and take the engine out and sell it.

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am all in at the $1,000.00 level. To me that's a lot of money. By the same token the Elio is truly something special. I have confidence that the Elio will be produced. I am slightly less confident that I will live long enough to enjoy it. Either way one thousand bucks is a cheep price to pay for the possibility of a dream ride. Have faith in Paul, I do!

Top Bottom